Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
worldsaviour
My Device: Playbook 64 GB / Bold 9930
Accepted Solution

making dvds from playbook videos

Hello. What do I need to make a dvd from videos on my playbook?

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: making dvds from playbook videos

worldsaviour wrote:

Hello. What do I need to make a dvd from videos on my playbook?

A PC, free transcoding software called Handbrake, DVD authoring software, Googling one of the many tutorials on the Web or YouTube on how to use Handbrake and the DVD authoring software, some patience and some time. It's a lot easier if you purchase a DVD authoring suite of software that includes a video converter.

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Adobe Premiere Elements on PC or Mac.  Not cheap, but superb.

________
New Contributor
worldsaviour

Thanks I'll check into that, heard about it in Crackberry awhile ago.
New Contributor
worldsaviour

Going to look into this one as well. Wish Desktop Manager was able to take care of this. Wish me luck.

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

Here is a freebie for you that seems to be packed with features. It's called FreeMake Video Converter. Their website was not coming up for me earlier but it is working now. Here is the Freemake website: http://www.freemake.com

Here is a CNet review: http://download.cnet.com/Freemake-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75218346.html

Do some research on it first and see if that works for you. Apparently you can burn DVD's from it too and it's a converter. They have an active community and tutorials on their site. I haven't used it myself yet but plan on doing so. 

• Convert video free between 250+ video formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, FLV, SWF, MPEG, 3GP, DVD, Blu-ray.
  • Prepare videos for playback on your gadgets: iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox, Android devices, Nokia, Samsung, and BlackBerry mobiles.
  • Rip and burn DVD with subtitles. Burn video Blu-ray discs.
  • Download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, 50+ other websites by a quick copypaste of video URL into the program.
  • Create a custom preset for any mobile phone, tablet or game console.
  • Convert videos to Flash FLV or SWF and to HTML5 formats. Get ready embed code for web page integration.
  • Extract sound of the video. Convert YouTube to MP3.
  • Turn photos & MP3 into slideshows. Create audio visualisations. Upload your videos and slideshows to YouTube from program interface.
  • Edit videos. Cut unnecessary video parts. Join several videos into one. Rotate videos 90 degrees. Limit output file size.
  • Convert videos with 10x speed due to CUDA and DXVA support! The program runs under Windows XP/Vista/7 and is optimized for netbooks. It does not have any hidden costs or intrusive advertising.
  • Freemake Video Converter is ideal for those who seek beauty, efficiency and simplicity in a single free program.

What's new in this version: Version 3.1.2 adds the new preset for iPhone 5; fixes the issue with certain videos download from YouTube.

Anyhow, if anyone downloads and installs this let the community here know please and post back to this thread with your results. For $0.00 and it's functionality, this sounds like a good deal to me.

If you like it, please donate to them so they can continue to support their software: http://www.freemake.com/help_us/
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Freemake YouTube video (step by step tutorial on how to convert videos): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63HOMB4Qlw

Also, there is a save as PlayBook preset which takes the guesswork out of things. I haven't tried all this yet but I am going to give it a go.

Freemake's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FreemakeTube

If you're concerned about freeware software being junk, read this: http://www.freemake.com/blog/most-common-myths-about-freeware/

New Contributor
worldsaviour

Hello, and thanks for trying to help. In trying to download FreeMake Video Converter, after about 30 to 40 minutes the download was terminated for some reason. I didn't make a note of the reason for the download. I'm going to find out what's wrong with my computer as this seems like software I'd like to use. Again I really appreciate the help and replies. Peace.  

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

worldsaviour wrote:

Hello, and thanks for trying to help. In trying to download FreeMake Video Converter, after about 30 to 40 minutes the download was terminated for some reason. I didn't make a note of the reason for the download. I'm going to find out what's wrong with my computer as this seems like software I'd like to use. Again I really appreciate the help and replies. Peace.  

It's only a 1.2 MB stub install file (requires Internet connection to download a 19 MB setup file once you install) so if it's taking 30-40 mins to download then there is a problem with their server or with your Internet connection. I just downloaded it from their website and it took 10 seconds by cable modem. If you'd like, you could private message me and I'll upload it to my own website for you and create a link to it so you could download it from there. Let me know what you wish to do...

I am pretty sure you're going to like it.

*** NOTE*** I just tried to install it and it wants to install a WhiteSmoke web browser toolbar by default using the Express installation. It also wants to "speed up my PC" with some crapware service they're peddling. But you can choose to not install that junk thank goodness. These are the revenue streams they are using to justify their freeware product. Just use the CUSTOM installation and deselect all the crapware that comes with it in the first install step. In the second install step, be sure and select Do Not Accept and things install fine and nothing adware related will install on your machine See attachment images.