Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: O2

i want to set up my email in Messages.  I'm trying to "Add a POP email account"  I've obtained my server address and SMTP server address but i keep getting an response telling me the server is not responding, check settings and try again.  My service provider assures me my details are correct.  Has anybody else had this problem?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi johnnasquille,Re: messages

Hi johnbasquille,

Check the below Kb article to now the details of how to integrate POP3 account through advanced method -

• KB10154 How to integrate a POP or IMAP email account through advanced integration

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: O2

Re: Hi johnnasquille,Re: messages

i have a Blackberry Playbook.  When I select Messages, it brings me to Accounts and invites me to "Add New Account".  When I select this it brings me to "Account Set Up" and invites me to choose an account.  I select Email, Calendar and Contacts.  Next page invites me to sign in and continue or go to "Advance Setup".  I choose Advance Setup and the next page invites me to choose from a range of options (too many to go through) but I choose "add a POP email account".  Next page is Account Intergration and here I input my email details, server address and SMTP Sever address and SAVE.  It is then I get the reply that the server is unavailable or that my details are incorrect.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

johnbasquille wrote:

i have a Blackberry Playbook.  When I select Messages, it brings me to Accounts and invites me to "Add New Account".  When I select this it brings me to "Account Set Up" and invites me to choose an account.  I select Email, Calendar and Contacts.  Next page invites me to sign in and continue or go to "Advance Setup".  I choose Advance Setup and the next page invites me to choose from a range of options (too many to go through) but I choose "add a POP email account".  Next page is Account Intergration and here I input my email details, server address and SMTP Sever address and SAVE.  It is then I get the reply that the server is unavailable or that my details are incorrect.

Just for the hell of it, try to just give your e-mail adress and password, and do not go into the ADVANCE SETUP, most of times it will find all the configuration that it need on it own

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Follow Martin's advice and check whether it works or not.

Alternatively you can check with your mail service provider to know the following -

• KB30047 How to add a mail account to the BlackBerry PlayBook using Advanced Integration

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit