Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
iamthewalrus
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Mr. Rogers
Accepted Solution

missing appworld?

hi
my playbook recently reset itself with no warning, wiping all my apps and data. All that is left is the setup app and the browser. i attempted a manually activating thesecurity wipe, but it was no different from the spontaneous wipe. i can't redownload my apps because app world isn't present, and i can't download it from blackberry.com/appworld/download because the playbook browser is different from the phone browser.
How can i get appworld and all the default apps like word to go back on?
Has anyone else had their playbook crashing and wiping after just leaving it locked for 10or so minutes? or is this an issue with being in development mode?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
wespro
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: missing appworld?

try to make a reload of the os of the playbook using BDM

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iamthewalrus
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Mr. Rogers

it seems that i've lucked out. The software update 2670 put all the default apps back on. Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.