10-13-2012 08:56 AM
I need help with my playbook. Last week, I moved the music icon in my favorite bar, and then suddenly it is gone.
Any idea how to fix this? i tried to place another icon on the favorite bar and it went missing again.. and at the upper left corner it says array index error... need help
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-13-2012 09:09 AM
Restart the PlayBook by touching the battery icon at the upper right > Restart, and after the restart, see if you can find that icon. Look in all the folders and panels (wipe left > right).
10-14-2012 09:06 AM
10-16-2012 09:18 AM
You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.
10-18-2012 09:23 AM
10-30-2012 11:02 PM
I had the same issue. I've tried the backup route. Problem is, my mail icon, my app world icon and a few others all disappeared from Favourites. After I reset the unit I did the restore. It set my device back to the backed up version (missing icons). In other words, hours of backup and restore time and ended up in the same state. Any thoughts?