Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
robbitlt
My Device: playbook

movies

i need help with watching movie on my blackberry playbook i dont know what wrong but only 2 of 60 movies/clips that i tried to watch on my tablet worked properly. some wouldn't work at all some would work fine but no sound. all movies working fine on my pc.all format avi. any advice/sugestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robbitlt
My Device: playbook

Re: movies

i knew i should buy android tablet my fail

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

robbitlt wrote:

cammon i need some **bleep**ing help

14 minutes pass and your cussing the kind volunteers here who MIGHT have been willing to help you out?

That's a #fail.

Look at.. top of this page under that BlackBerry picture is a Search box... type in "movie download" and you'll get lots of previous threads with a wealth of tips and suggestions related to what you asked.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

If you're an <removed> here, don't expect anyone to jump up to help you much more than I have already provided above.

EDIT: Content altered to be forum appropriate. Please review User Guidelines  and do not attempt to bypass the word filters.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
obone
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Hi robbitlt,

Unfortunately, PlayBook doesn't support AC3 sound. So check your movie collection for this codes. Also note that AVI isn't video format, it's just a container. Various audio and video formats may be placed into the same container.

You may convert video files to supported format if you want. But as for me the most videos are played fine on my PlayBook.
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MountainDew
My Device: Playbook

Install Watchmore from the PlayBook App store and try converting some of your movie files. I did and it works great. I understand from some Andriod users I know that that OS is not that 'universal' movie file player either.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox

[ Edited ]

@ ovbone and mountaindew.
If more responses were like the 2 you gave, no one would be complaining about blackberry culture. Thanks for not making the rest of us look like <removed>.
If I ever see you guys with a problem I will try to be a part of the solution for sure.
It's nice to see some genuine assistance with out the sarcasm.
Have a nice day to the both of you.
As for the original poster. I haven't had a problem with an avi format yet. However I may have just been lucky with the movies I have on my play book. Hopefully it's just a couple
Of movies you are having trouble with.
Have you tried Netflix or Skype yet. It's an even bigger disappointment than movies not playing.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MountainDew
My Device: Playbook

No Netflix or Skype on PB is still a disappointment but my overall experience is more than satisfactory . My wife has that other tab and I very much prefer my PB. Now that I have the Mini keyboard the PB is a great machine. Just wished they had punched a hole in the case spline to allow the charger to be plugged in with the case closed.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have found MP4 to be the best format for movies and I use handbrake to convert my AVIs that dont play.

good list

Media types that are supported on the BlackBerry PlayBook

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Developer
obone
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

knottyrope wrote:

I have found MP4 to be the best format for movies and I use handbrake to convert my AVIs that dont play.

good list

Media types that are supported on the BlackBerry PlayBook

Same here. But I use Avidemux. I've created profile for Avidemux that helps convert video for PlayBook. Here is overview in Russian or Google translate.

Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Please use plain text.