Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
wyseeit
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

my playbook stuck on start up

I did a hard reboot +/- and off and when i went to restart  all i get is the splash screens changing colours and not much else. The tablet is connected to the wall charger. I can turn it off and back on but still only get multi coloured splash screen. I had downloaded some gps apps from the app store prior to this and I did the hard reboot as those apps seemed to have frozen the playbook. I don't think I have a battery issue.  

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: my playbook stuck on start up

How long has it been this way?  You may be stuck with reloading the OS if it doesn't boot up.  Here is the procedure. 

Download Desktop Software if you haven't already.   http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Unplug your PlayBook from the computer and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see an error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software (if you have a backup) to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
wyseeit
My Device: playbook

hi tks it worked took over one hour but back in business.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's about how long it takes.

Nice job! Now you're also an expert in reloading your Playbook OS!

JC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
efanga
My Device: PlayBook 64

Hi, the offered solution to this problem has not worked for me. please help. I have tried the update about 5 times now, using the desktop manager/link. it completes the update, then asks me to disconnect and complete setup. I disconnect but since it still in the startup screen i cannot setup or do anything. I have tried to contact blackberry support but was told i can only contact them via their mail support. the mail support site has not worked for about  3 days now. they said its working okay but it isnt. i have used different web browsers and devices to access the site and the result is the same. please help!!!!!!!!