Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kanthenga26555
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

need a help

Hi everyone I have a problem with my blackberry playbook after updating the new software my playbook keeps shutting down every 7 minit if any one knows how to fix this problem please help me thank you

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: need a help

Did this problem show up any time previous to the OS update?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanthenga26555
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: none

no this problem start after the last update 2.1.0.1526

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

I think you should reinstall the OS by connecting it to your computer. Before you start backup all your files to your computer. Following this procedure will erase everything from the PlayBook And reinstall the OS from scratch. It will take about 45 minutes and you will have to go through the setup procedure the same as when you purchased it new. Here is the procedure written up by another Poster - Knottyrope.
Re: debrick method OS 2?

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.
Please use plain text.