Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ferp33
My Device: Tablet 64 G

network issues

I'm having trouble connecting to my network.   I put in the password and it says authentication timed out. Please check your password and try again.  I know I have put in the correct password as I have the password showing when I type it in.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: network issues

I've seen it before. A reboot has fixed it for me in the past.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ferp33
My Device: Tablet 64 G

thanks, I tried to reboot but it didn't help.  When I enter my password, It will try to connect three times and then the message will say unable to connect (my network name) failed to connect to the network.  Please check your password and try again.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook

I had a lot of connection troubles when the wifi router was set to 802.11g/n and had to change it to "g only" (this is due an issue with certain security protocols on older routers not being compatible with a particular security standard that PB uses on newer ones). The other problem had to do with the channel - we had a lot of devices connecting and, if memory serves, I think the time-out problem I had on the PB was related to that - PB would connect, get kicked off if my phone rang, and have trouble reconnecting.

Please use plain text.