If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
lovely_leftovers
My Device: PlayBook 16GB UK

Re: new 2.0 interface... my two cents

i called some friends today and asked them what the first things were they did with their new tablets and some of them said they took those cameras out of business, i noticed that earlier that nearly all of them had a sticker or paint over their laptops front facing cameras like me

even my parents noted this after some time and asked if that is a camera looking at them and they are in their early seventies, oh boy they hated that

btw. they found the "running out of graphics memory when looking through images for more than a few minutes" bug

so do people in their thirties, forties, plus, think different about privacy, or am i living in a abnormal paranoid environment

does rim try to sell those tablets to business customers and did they asked for the same

did the first ipad maybe didn't have a cam because jobs was sitting there and got fed up by this camera starring at him, at home, in his privacy

i also guess people at this age, my age, using tablets more to read and consume then to communicate, never seen someone not skyping with anything other than a laptop or pc, the fire doesn't have cams and it seems its selling itself pretty good

rim should seriously think about having a version of their 7" and future 10" tablets without cams and microphones, like i said before, same price just with and without cams and microphones, nothing fancy, same price, maybe fifty bucks less :Surrender:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

You want an inferior product with less features?
Seems you may have been happier with a kindle.
Guess you can't please everyone...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

I hope you do realize that the cameras are only capturing images/videos when you the user deliberately activate the camera/s.
So I don't what's the big deal.
PB is excellent with all the built in hardware and all it needs is OS2 to make it even better.
BTW most other tablets (iPads and Andriods) come with two cams.
DC-IT
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

buy some black tape and cover them, then you dont have to worry

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

[ Edited ]

wiki "bundestrojaner" or "vorratsdatenspeicherung" big discussion here, like on sopa in the us

i guess you americans simply aren't there yet

oh and you can please everyone or at least a lot of them by giving choices, rim lost the kids, lets try getting the saner grown ups :Flowers:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Trojans for the most part only affect pc's. (windows and sometimes mac) I highly doubt any viruses have been written to exploit security holes on the pb, not only that but it is probably the most secure of all the tablets out there. Even if there was a virus out there they don't just appear on your computer, you must download something that the trojan/virus can piggyback.
Shame on the german gov't for creating a virus that violates privacy rights, or any virus for that matter....I am glad I don't there.

You are worrying way to much about impending security issues...what do you have to hide?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

There really arn't enough pb's out there to warrent building malware/viruses etc and then as mentioned you need to get them on there..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

thats funny, in germany it really is, "i have nothing to hide" is actually a quite often used catchphrase to get people started about civil rights and how it changes ones behavior if you being monitored or there even is the possibility in the back of your head someone could watch you right now

take the playbooks youtube app or app world, both doesn't let you delete what you have done with it, that violates your right for information privacy

in fact facebook gets their behinds kicked in the eu for the same kind of behavior :Yes:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

O_o

someone is really going to care about what apps you tried and deleted?        :Eek:

O_o

so dont use the youtube app and go via browser for now O_o

PARANOID?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

sure, if you connect all this together, blogs, forums, online shopping, the games you play, friends you have, search results, what not, all that makes you predictable

you probably do it yourself with your social network activity

who ever has this information can tell more about you then you know about yourself, how you react, what you like, were you go, there are limitless applications for such information

if you have access to a million peoples passwords, you will find that most of them are very similar and with a little luck you reduced a complex problem you need a supercomputer to solve, to a few days work your pc can do

mostly this is just used to sell you stuff, like funny videos, music, clothes, you probably like it

but you do not need to create all this information if you not have to and you want control and the possibility to delete

most people over here are pretty **bleep** about those things

trust me you get that in school like we do, you just don't remember it because the internet was different back then and there is no largely spread debate going in the media :Boat:

Please use plain text.