Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Re: new 2.0 interface... my two cents

There is a secure browser available in the app world, but if you clear your cache, cookies, history then your problem ceases to exist. You really should do this anyway everytime you use online banking. You can't even access the cache so that adds to the security.
I just wish I could make it so no history was being kept.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers
My Device: PlayBook 16GB UK

[ Edited ]

that is no pure "i have a virus" security issue, at least if you do not count your privacy in there, which may be important for your boss, public persons, people living in a not so free country

compare this with taking out the garbage, putting your work, grown up movies and games aside so your home does not look like a mess when parents/wife/kids/friends being in your household

also the browser has to recover all open tabs when he crashes and not just two

blog, article, source link or picture pop-up is my main tab scenario, going back and forth in one tab will not help you because it doesn't remember that either and crashes equally often

it is also important that the 10" devices come with a 4:3 aspect ratio, widescreen is just too much in that size

and please have patience with my probably annoying way of explaining a customer base you may not be fully aware of :Flowers:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

[ Edited ]

come on, it isn't that bad, at least they fixed the dead white pixel in the startup animation :Shifty:

2 minutes and 50 seconds to boot, still only 5 minutes until it shuts itself off when not being touched, you guys are impossible :Surrender:

backlight dimming could still not be turned completely off which is driving me crazy sitting near to a window or table lamp, and when it is off it gets not as low as it gets when it is on

pictures, videos and air browser aren't working anymore most of the time with large amounts of files, taking long to start, getting force closed or being dead slow on browsing

everything seems to be a little laggy, os text is to small or to long and looks/gets misplaced (sound/browser, language german)

so what have you done half a year except for ruining things that had barely anything you could work with in the first place :Censored:

seriously, i'm borderline angry here, even with the fact that the browser and picture viewer itself are more stable so far :Beta1: :Dots:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

for the browser, top left corner, i want that little book optional, it grasps the attention of my eyes, which is a bad thing for heavy reading, the smaller title in portrait mode is irritating too

please remove the top light grey border, it makes people see how imperfect the device is build

also the browser often doesn't highlight the links you opened in a new tab anymore

and make him less responsive to side scrolling, when you are in portrait mode, its a pain to scroll and stay on the text

all in all the device feels twitchy to little touches, but less responsive to gestures and swipes, its harder to open press and hold menus, which seem unnecessarily big

the keyboard on the other hand seems unnecessarily small now, specially when you turn off all the flashy "i honestly don't know what you want to type" nonsense

why is it start typing things with a capital letter, did i push the button, no i didn't, so make it type what i actually do punch in

in case of restarting it it not remembers the tab/desktop you were on anymore

apps that were formerly free and are now paid with the next update producing a note on every restart, you still can't fully delete apps

and to say that again nicely, i basically like the device, i'm just not a hyperactive 12 year old :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox
My Carrier: None...wifi

So no point in upgrading.
I just knew they were going to burn us on Netflix/Skype/android apps.
Since I don't have a blakbarry phone , what's the point in upgrading?
I bought this for the hardware and figured that the lack of software would be cured with the android porting.
Oh well, a 200 dollar book reader that surfs and can play some hidef vids, that's all it is to me.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A PRODUCT FROM BLAKBARRY OR ANY OF IT'S SUBSIDUARIES.

sorry for the caps, I wanted to get my point across.
I also would not like any blakbarry fanboys commenting on my post. This was for me, not any fanboy to pick me or it apart on.
If the fanboys would like to comment on it. Please pm yourselves on it.
None of the usatisfied customers want to hear any of it right now.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

i totally understand what you feel, no harm done, back to topic :Sweatdrop:

having it running makes scrolling twitchy too, on the desktop the rows (up/down) seem to be not as sticky anymore, you not just get the next three icon rows, you just shoot straight in one direction now

if you are on the lowest row letters like g or p glimpsing under the application dock

lots of accidentally clicking, i hate it with passion

would trade the new bugs for the old bugs plus old look and feel in an instance, haptics are just gone somehow

it surely now is a great demo device for randomly showing stuff, but it gets really annoying if you actually want to achieve certain tasks

like being drunk and pointing at your nose, being all over the place, maybe poking yourself an eye out

so you have to really really slow down and pointing/swiping very carefully

also not all bookmark dummy pictures inside the browser change orientation, why are they not like the ones on the desktop, being able to moving them would be nice

and maybe they could get rid of the browser title bar completely when on fullscreen, making a invisible back button that ceases to exist when you are not in fullscreen mode, so you can click page content there without hassle, or maybe do it with the corner gesture which would be a near perfect solution for pictures and videos too

fullscreen browsing with a top left corner gesture to get back and close the tab if there is nothing to going to sounds like a must have to me

i also want back that old battery menu, the current bigger one just looks awful :Online2long:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

if saving pictures with the browser the copy/select menu is sometimes coming up inaccessible behind the actual saving dialog

browser menus should be smaller, removing the not really needed "cancel" button would make it one line again for simple links, specially when used with right thumb you have to stretch to reach it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

why not make it a virtual machine dualboot by default, instantly switching by one push to a app you have on both systems, without waiting to boot either one up each time, so you get the potential sales that each company selling android devices has with the benefit of getting on the table with google to get access to their entire market, maybe they letting you, rim, converting all market apps by yourself so you can integrate them in your secure environment

this would be a fast realizable solution selling great hardware (future 4:3 10" plus a simpler version of both without 3g, cameras and microphones) until you fully sort out a virtual machine within qnx, which we all here like and trying to tell you how to make it even better

this completely eliminates the needlessly hight cost and awareness to "have to do it" for small developers porting their apps

i strongly guess you pay license fees already so what problem would google have selling more android and combining it with business applications without the need to cleaning up the mess they have dealing with their own security issues

you, rim, just have to loosen up a little, realize that you are not the only company on the planet selling phones and tablets and get selling hardware without losing the core thing people buying your devices for, reliability and security, keep pushing qnx, integrate the full android universe

this is the official forum so get this to the people who actually are responsible

most people here are really just trying to help rim survive the next year, windows 8 will just put you out of business if you not start moving your behinds, so this thread chewed up nearly all you, rim, immediately need to address, just implement it right **bleeping** now :Ninja:

i'm one of those people that do not want to decide only between pest (android) and cholera (ios), those who want at least a third option which hp has prematurely wasted to be in with webos or better will be in with windows 8 in the long run

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

browser back button does sometimes not appear in new tab without leaving fullscreen

extremely laggy browser user interface (exiting settings/downloads, gestures)

bookmarks are still not editable in any way

options are needed to predefine how files are going to be opened (in or outside the browser) respectively being opened or being saved

the browsers movie player has to get out of fullscreen with the same gesture flash does that, and start playing in fullscreen would save a click

all running apps getting closed after 80 seconds waiting for air browser opening a 2000+ files folder

with 200+ files folders air browser gets unusable slow (thumbnails on/off)

air browser hangs in the "i'm busy! cutting in progress..." dialog when moving files (at least 2) since the update introducing the android icon under os 1.0, after manually closing and reopening the app, files are being in the new place without error so far

application dock does not disappear and revert to the os 1.0 tab oriented style when empty

a strong tingling/pulsing sensation sometimes building up on the left hands palm which instantly stops with switching wi-fi off for a moment (used with 2.4 ghz, g only router)

and now one perfectly good example for the stupidity in not letting us the device running for more than five minutes :Flowers: (link beneath)

http://www.apple.com/itunes/25-billion-app-countdown/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lovely_leftovers

insert a dialog when the wallpaper is about to be set, that is letting us choose two different landscape and portrait mode viewing areas separately, it should look like this picture in that thread

it might be done one after another so no confirmation or explaining is needed :Phone:

Please use plain text.