Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pliers
My Device: playbook rdj21ww
My Carrier: verizon

new playbook wont turn on

i just got this thing  yesterday and it will not turn on,  and  i guess  there is no customer support?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: new playbook wont turn on

Where did you buy it? Is it used or new?

If it's less than a year old then there is support here:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/get-started.html

All that aside, are you sure it's completely charged up? If not, a quick google search for "stack charge playbook" will bring up tons of hits on tips for getting the battery charged back up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pliers

i just got it yesterday,ordered it on amazon. and that web site wont work either

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pliers

yes  brand new

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

My guess is your battery is dead. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27705

Try this:

Connect the charger that came with the PlayBook and plug it into the wall. Hold down the Power Button only for 20 seconds. Leave it for 4 minutes, then unplug at the wall, wait a minute, plug it back in again, hold down the Power Button only for 20 seconds.

Repeat this process about 10 times and hopefully, your PlayBook should go into a high charging rate. Leave it plugged in overnight and you should have a full charge by morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

What do you mean "that website doesn't work?"

Buying something from Amazon doesn't mean the device will have any factory warranty. However, see if you can sign up for the free 90 day support at the website below:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pliers

when i go to site it says to  enter sn  below  there is no place to enter.  i tried clicking around on screen  but  doesnt work

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Well, you've got two separate problems. Your Playbook has a dead battery and something isn't working in your pc web browser. What browser are you using?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pliers

i normally use yahoo on my laptop, i will try it on my  blackberry  phone

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That's the search website, not the browser. Are you using Internet Explorer? Firefox? Google Chrome? Safari? Something is blocking some of the website.

You won't need it if you just follow the instructions I posted for charging. I just wondered if the website would take your serial number for the free 90 day support. Most of the time it doesn't but if it's less than a year old BB will still give you support.
Please use plain text.