Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pliers
My Device: playbook rdj21ww

Re: new playbook wont turn on

internet explorer, sorry,   i am trying what you told me to do,  the reason i bought this is because my laptop dosn't always work right, and i like my z10  but screen  small  for  alot of use

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yep, the Playbook has a great browser, probably its best attribute. I have three of them myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pliers
My Device: playbook rdj21ww

after  i do what you said and i leave it charging  will it blink or how do i know i did everthing right?  my brother has one and cant get it away from his 5 yr old.    i dont have good luck  buying new electronics. But i really like my z10 and hope this will work as well.  It  did take 5 days to get here and it was -12  when it arrived so i thought it was cold or dead but plugged it on overnight and it only blinked twice red then 5 times green

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I am not an expert when it comes to using Internet Explorer.  I use Firefox because it seems to give me fewer problems.  However, try this in your browser:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
    2. Click the Internet zone.
    3. If you do not have to customize your Internet security settings, click Default Level. Then do step 4
If you have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
a. Click Custom Level.
b. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.
  1. Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Refresh button to run scripts.

If that doesn't work try downloading Firefox from here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

or

Download Google Chrome from here:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Either of these browsers will work much better than Internet Explorer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wepsr60
My Device: blackberry playbook os

I bought mine from amazon last month no problem just hold the button down for about 20 second should work.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here is another set of instructions that might help:

1. Plug the BB wall charger into the Playbook until the RED LED comes on. Then unplug. Do this about 10 times.

2. With the charger in, Press the ON button until a green "glowing" light comes on and off.

3. Let charge for about 1.5 hrs. minimum and Press the On button until the Blackberry Playbook screen apprears.

4. You will need to re-enter your information.

5. The Playbook might ask you to recharge until it is 20% charged.

The Playbook is great, just don't let the battery run completely dead. It can be a bear after that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wepsr60
My Device: blackberry playbook os

Make sure the battery is charged up plug into outlets. 

Please use plain text.