Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 2.1.0.1917 build 683354
My Carrier: not applicable

no USB3 support in BB desktop software 7.1.0.41

BB desktop software dosen't recognise my playbook as plugged-in when it is connected to a USB 3.0 port only USB 2.0 port(s). Hopefully someone from RIM will adress this seeing as the playbook is (quite) new and most computers will shortly ONLY have USB 3!!

Also while you're at it, the boot-up time is ridiculously slow, please fix it!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: no USB3 support in BB desktop software 7.1.0.41

You probably won't get far with your request because BlackBerry has stopped production of the PlayBook so any suggestions for upgrades to it will not be taken into consideration.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: no USB3 support in BB desktop software 7.1.0.41

the secure boot up process has to run for QNX and the Android runtime. yes its slow but once booted i hardly ever turn mine off

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V