Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Immat
My Device: platbook RDJ21ww
Accepted Solution

no tv?

I guess I'm doing something wrong as I've read back about 15 pages in the forum and haven't seen my problem.

I have downloaded and paid for a couple of movie sites in app world on my BB playbook but now I CAN'T find them anywhere to open them. I just get back to the same page where I bought them. Any ideas??

Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

Re: no tv?

If you bought apps in BlackBerry World, and they were downloaded correctly, you can find them amoungst your other apps.

If an app is currently open you need to swipe from the border at the bottom (the black bezel) of your Playbook upwards. This should normally minimize the current app (if any).
If that app is minimize, or if none was open, swipe from the border up again. This should show you some more apps that were installed on your Playbook.
Then you can search for that app (don't forget to scroll down, because the app you are looking for could be out of view).
It could also be on another tab (I don't really now how this is called), so try swiping left or right, as this might open other tabs.

I don't know if this helps, but otherwise you should maybe add some more information on what you see, or doesn't want to work.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor
Immat

They show-up in my apps in app world but when I click on it it takes me back to whereI bought it and has the option to delete it
No where is a place to open it ????
Developer
ndsmyter

You cannot open it from the BlackBerry World app. You have to close (or minimize) the BlackBerry World and find the application in your application list.

So in short: two swipes from the bottom of the screen upwards, search the app you want to start and click on it.

New Contributor
Immat

I have looked at all my apps such as music, pictures, videos, etc. and don't see them, they are from scraps tv and yaybe tv..
New Contributor
Immat

P.S. how is it that they show up in my list of apps in app world but not on the app page?
New Contributor
Immat

Ok  I found the solution. It seems I had to join blackberry world something and then my purchases showed up in my apps. IT would be nice if this was explained before your payment or at the very least during. Anyway thanks for the help..:smileysurprised:

Developer
ndsmyter

I am glad to hear the problem was solved. Have fun with it !