Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pipideluxe231
My Device: BlackBerry playbook

non responsive touch screen/keyboard after OS upgrade! HELP!!!

After upgrading the OS of my PB, it has been acting up real bad and its kinda upsetting. The touch screen/keyboard now has a mind of its own, it works whenever it wants to. At first, i thought i had low memory space, so i deleted some Apps and other files but it still has a mind of its own.

Can someone please HELP ME!!!!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

Re: non responsive touch screen/keyboard after OS upgrade! HELP!!!

I would try a restart, I did update earlier and everything seems fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pipideluxe231

Thanks, but i tried countless restarts/hard resets, yet it still works whenever it wants to

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

The next step is to do a wipe of the PB, of course do a backup first, then wipe and start clean. There's alway the possibility of a hardware issue but the chances of that showing up at the same time as the upgrade is slim. If that was a problem it would be showing up all over the PB user community. I would think about other things you did or added to the PB at around the same time as the upgrade, maybe a new App or something?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pipideluxe231

oh okay thanks, am going to do that right away. But i do have a question tho...... do i still have to pay for those Apps i had paid for before the update?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

pipideluxe231 wrote:

oh okay thanks, am going to do that right away. But i do have a question tho...... do i still have to pay for those Apps i had paid for before the update?

no you can get them back with the same BBID you used before, just reinstall them all

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pipideluxe231

Thanks guys for all your help but it still is not working, it looks more likely to be a hardware problem. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.