10-23-2012 12:21 AM
me and my dad have the 16gb playbook.. both are updated to the new os.before the update it was fine but now my pc does not detect it, done all the troubleshoots, reinstalling, etc.. his worked on the first try..
what the hell is going on here..
p.s. my playbook is in great condition, no damage to it whatsoever.
10-23-2012 04:39 AM
Without a full list of what you have tried, "tried everything" is a response kiler. In the absence of detail...
Step 1, Settings, Storage and sharing, make sure connect to usb is Windows not Auto.
If no luck,
Step 2 Reinstall latest desktop software from Blackberry
If still no luck
Step 3 thoroughly investigate Windows networking settings, reset if possible. If it used to work before then it is not the likely problem
10-23-2012 05:42 PM
ahh sorry, was very frustrated with the whole thing.. alright heres a list of what ive done so far.
1) reinstalled desktop manager/drivers
2) updated/ security wiped playbook numerous times,
3) connect to usb is windows
4) kb26904 trouble shoot
5) wifi sharing off
6) cant detect thru windows network discovery
7) wnet thru these: Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
8) turned off wifi then tried to connect
9) "Desktop software identifies the playbook, but cannot communicate with it. After many attempts at "Retry" last night, including resets of the playbook, I clicked "Update" to see if I got any other reaction. To my surprise, it kicked off an update cycle, getting the new 'beta' update." --- this!!
thats what i can remeber off the top of my head, im sure i did a few other things just cant recall what..