Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
agill
My Carrier: canada

not connecting to pc

me and my dad have the 16gb playbook.. both are updated to the new os.before the update it was fine but now my pc does not detect it, done all the troubleshoots, reinstalling, etc.. his worked on the first try..

what the hell is going on here..

p.s. my playbook is in great condition, no damage to it whatsoever.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
agill

Re: not connecting to pc

ive gone thru all the posts on the forum. still nothing..
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Carrier: 3

Without a full list of what you have tried, "tried everything" is a response kiler. In the absence of detail...

Step 1, Settings, Storage and sharing, make sure connect to usb is Windows not Auto.

If no luck,

Step 2 Reinstall latest desktop software from Blackberry

If still no luck

Step 3 thoroughly investigate Windows networking settings, reset if possible. If it used to work before then it is not the likely problem

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
agill

ahh sorry, was very frustrated with the whole thing.. alright heres a list of what ive done so far.

1) reinstalled desktop manager/drivers

2) updated/ security wiped playbook numerous times,

3) connect to usb is windows

4) kb26904 trouble shoot

5) wifi sharing off

6) cant detect thru windows network discovery

7) wnet thru these:  Client for Microsoft NetworksFile and Printer Sharing for Microsoft NetworksInternet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

8) turned off wifi then tried to connect

9) "Desktop software identifies the playbook, but cannot communicate with it. After many attempts at "Retry" last night, including resets of the playbook, I clicked "Update" to see if I got any other reaction. To my surprise, it kicked off an update cycle, getting the new 'beta' update." --- this!!

thats what i can remeber off the top of my head, im sure i did a few other things just cant recall what..

Please use plain text.