Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

batbond
My Device: Play Book
My Carrier: eastlink

ontario library download books

I have successfully downloaded a book from this service, but do not know where to find it to read it. When I go to open the book file, it indicates that I do not have the proper app. Anybody know what to do?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: ontario library download books

'ontario library'! Is it an application? What have you downloaded and from where?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n-a

Most of the Ontario libraries use Overdrive for the electronic books. You can download Overdrive from the BBWorld app store (it is free) then you need to register to get an adobe id. Once you have those you just search for your library from within the overdrive app on the Playbook and sign in using your library id. You can download books from the library to the Playbook.

If you already downloaded a book from the library to a computer, then it probably expects you to have overdrive installed on your computer (or wherever).. I have never done it that way.

I don't know of any other ways to download "borrowed" ebooks from the Ontario libraries.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the app is named "OverDrive Media Console", it's here:
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/39911/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.