Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
Accepted Solution

password locking playbook

I have set password lock on and tell it to lock after 5mins, but it never seems to lock it.

The only time I am prompted to enter a playbook password is if the device is rebooted.

also, is there a way to manually lock it?

thanks.

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: password locking playbook

[ Edited ]

Hey rockhammer,

The Playbook should prompt you for a password once you try to take it out of standby mode. If you go to the Options and then select Screen what do you have it set for to go into Standby mode?

Example if standby mode is set to 5 minutes and password is set to 5 minutes then it will be 10 minutes total before the Playbook is locked.

You can force the Playbook to go into Standby mode by clicking the power button once.

Hope this helps.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

RJK
Contributor
RJK
My Device: Playbook

Could either a "lock" feature (like the one on my 9700) or better still an "auto-lock" function (as my Windows Mobile device has) be added to the PlayBook.

Given the cost of the device, would be nice to know if I was unfortunate enough to lose it or have it stolen it's of no use to anyone else.
Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

Thanks, SmoothRider for your response.

I have set that option already. I put screen->standby timeout to 30sec and then security->lock after to 2min. And I can leave the device untouched for >1hr and it would NOT lock.

The only time I'm prompted for the device pw is after I power it back up from a power down.

So in order for me to transport my device in my bag, I currently have to power down the device completely which defeats the idea of having a device that wakes up quickly.

Like the other person suggested, I don't understand why there is no "lock now" icon like there is on blackberries! There is a power down icon. May be you can just added a "lock now" option to that icon.

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

SmoothRider, pressing the power button works for me because that's how i mostly do it on blackberries.

however, the auto lock feature still needs to work. if you have a solution, i'm all ears. thanks.
New Contributor
fabulus1
My Device: curve8530 / plsyboog 32g

I am having the same problem!  has any solution been found?

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

still no solution. my ticket with rim is still open. in fact they had me send them another log file yesterday. they had thought .1868 would solve it but it didn't.
Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

by the way, you may want to open your own ticket with them. with more info, they may be able to solve it quicker.
prebetsabu
My Device: Torch And Playbook

hey, im having the same exact prob.

but my unit at first do really work for the auto locking.. but soon after i made a security wipe (in order to change the blackberry ID) and install some apps, now the auto locking wont work anymore :smileysad:

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer

issue is now resolved for me with the v1.0.5.2304 update.