Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
raius
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

password

I have a small problem.  The email address I used to register my Playbook has been deleted.  Now, I've forgotten the original password and I've exhaused the number of tries at finding it...despite having the 'reminder question'.  Is there any way to change my registered email address so I can retrieve the original password and make the appropriate changes?

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: password

Hello

Welcome to the Community

Are you referring to the Blackberry ID?

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
raius

Thanks for welcoming me and I'm referring to the Blackberry ID Username which was my old gmail address. I typically write things down but I was on holiday and in a hurry when all this happened. Now I cannot recover my password. I'm feeling very stupid at the moment...
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You must have access to the email address because it is where the link to reset your password will be sent to. Sad to say, if the email address is inacessible, the only option is to create a new Blackberry ID with a working email address.

Please access

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login

then click create a new Blackberry ID

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
raius

Thanks again for your advice. I have created a new ID but I still cannot recover the password for my Playbook. Regardless, all apps function despite being locked out so I shouldn't complain. Your help is much appreciated and henceforth I'll write down passwords conceived in haste...
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Here's an Article on how to change from one Blackberry ID to another

How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Ron

New Contributor
raius

Your last suggestion looks like the answer and I will try it.  The Playbook is a great device and with the exception of lacking a Skype app has served me well.  Unfortunately, RIM seems to be having some technical and financial problems and may be overwhelmed by the competition meaning the end of future generations of the Playbook...and that would be a shame.  Anyway, thanks again.  

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You're welcome. :smileywink: