Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo
Accepted Solution

pb OS 2. wont charge, wont turn on

I searched around and there are so many threads with so many confusing instructions varying between versions, so I would like to resume the facts, and try to recover my PB in the process.

First I am linking the most accurate article I found in BB for OS 2.0

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27705&sliceId=1&cm...

So most things depend on the version you are running, I have the last one is 2.0.xx (i do not remeber the last numbers), the article doesnt explicit says something about 2.0 but lets supposed it is in the category starting 1.0.5.

facts: •Standard Blackberry chargers, other AC adapter USB chargers, or computer USB ports are not recommended for charging the PlayBook.

According to the article, if OS beyong 1.0.5 it will charge if it is off, so no need to "debricking"

•The device will show a solid red LED, followed by a solid yellow LED as the device boots into charging mode.  This is followed by a yellow pulsating LED indicating c charging in progress. - This doesn't happens in my PB just 1 red light when pluggin the charger and that is it, left it charging about 24hrs and nothing new, well It reconized the pb on DEsktop manager but I just had the upgrade option, I just downloded 1.2 GB os so I do not want to repeat it.

well i am open to try anything, please help me.  

Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm

Re: pb OS 2. wont charge, wont turn on

please help me
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm

o yersterday Blackberry updated their 2 KB (KB26808,KB27705 )with new info to O.S. 2, you should read this to understand in what phase you are.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB26808&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB27705&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

My Pb is alive too.
First I left it conected to the wall charger for 30 hours, then I unplugged and pluged I saw the Led flash red for about 20 secs, I let it charging for 12 hours and that was it, I arrived home unplugged and the PB was ON, didn't lose anything. I have the last OS.

I am happy to write this, when I brought my Playbook to work 4coworkers are interest in buying a playbook, 2 other migrated to blackberry smarthphone.
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm

ok yersterday Blackberry updated their 2 KB (KB26808,KB27705 )with new info to O.S. 2, you should read this to understand in what phase you are.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB26808&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB27705&sliceID=2&command=show&forwa...

My Pb is alive
First I left it conected to the wall charger for 30 hours, then I unplugged and pluged I saw the Led flash red for about 20 secs, I let it charging for 12 hours and that was it, I arrived home unplugged and the PB was ON, didn't lose anything. I have the last OS.

I am happy to write this, when I brought my Playbook to work 4coworkers are interest in buying a playbook, 2 other migrated to blackberry smarthphone.
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thanks for posting your solution and glad to see you are doing better.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dgglee
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

my father-in-law's 16GB PB that we bought him for Christmas is having the same problem.  it's been "fully charged" (i.e. plugged in for >1day) but it's not turning on.

I have the unit with me now and the articles and instructions in this thread aren't working.  no indicator lights are lighting up, no charging icons are being displayed.

are there any other actions that I can try?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

If you have a USB live socket, like a PC that will stay awake all night, connect the USB cable to it all night. Although USB will not be enough to charge whilst playbook is running, it should charge it while off for that length of time. If it does, then suspect the charger.   If so, get a desk docking charger. 

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

i've tried three different PB usb chargers and the charging pod/stand. 

Please use plain text.
Justice4TheBroken
My Device: 3600
My Carrier: Wind

Mine is doing the same thing. Except, when I plug in the charger, it flashes red multiple times. It's been charging for two days now, with me using my smartphone charger. The PB charger stopped working after about a month. The solution was of no help to me and I'm starting to get very annoyed with the device.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

What is the output current and voltage of this phone charger you are trying to use?