Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
seadug
My Device: 8330
Accepted Solution

pictures from camera to playbook

Is it possible to load pictures from a Sony camera directely to a Playbook? If so what equipment or cables do I need. Thanks Doug
Seadug
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: pictures from camera to playbook

In os 1.07 the quick answer is no. But if your Sony has wifi capability then you may have a shotvat doing it.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

As aandras notes, there's no direct option for now. There's a decent chance the next major release of the OS will have support for attaching devices via USB as "mass storage" devices, in which case it might work then.

Until then, the simplest approach is, if you have a laptop or PC with a slot for the memory card, pop it in there and do a simple drag-and-drop of all the pictures from the flash card to the PlayBook's shared folders over WiFi.

If you don't have a slot, then doing the same thing with the camera attached to your PC via USB would be the next best thing.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
seadug
My Device: 8330

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for a direct transfer but I guess that won't happen yet. Thanks again Doug
Seadug
New Contributor
NaNaNachman
My Device: Playbook 64

How do you access the shared folder over wifi?
Contributor
cr8tive_leo
My Device: Playbook - 64gb - wifi

[ Edited ]

I use Eye fi card and the Eye fi app. (Android app, loaded onto my playbook) It works like a charm.

IMG_00000175.png

IMG_00000168.png

IMG_00000169.png

IMG_00000171.png

IMG_00000173.png