Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

sundar2012
My Device: play book 64gb

play book

I have a play book ( 64GB). Recently I have problem of charging the device and connecting to the PC for transferring the data.  I was informed that this port related problem and if give for repairs data stored will be lost? Is it so? How I can retrieve the information stored and and also repair the port problem?

Rajan

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: play book

[ Edited ]

You can transfer data (documents, music, photos etc) using wifi connection between a Playbook and a computer sharing the same wifi router   see http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

The usb, hdmi and three pin charge ports on the bottom of the Playbook are a single proprietery unit. A repair shop with access to Backberry parts may be able to fix it for around £$100.  If I were you I would get a rapid charger that fits the right hand port and forget about USB, unless it is in warranty

My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: play book

The other thing to check is that the central pin in the PlayBook USB socket is in the right place.

A couple of times my son has accidentally plugged my PlayBook into the charger with the plug upside down. It made the pin shift into the wrong position and I had to use a pen to bend it back into the right place.

It may be that the USB pin has moved slightly out of place and is not making the connections properly.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!