Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
steved1
My Device: playbook 64

playbook battery drains rapidly after upgrading tablet os to version 1.0.3.1868

prior to updating the os i could leave the tablet in standby and on my commute home battery was around 70-80%. i updated last night and the same typical usage today was down to 22% battery. and the tablet felt quite warm. anyone else experience this?
john505
My Device: Storm2, Playbook

Re: playbook battery drains rapidly after upgrading tablet os to version 1.0.3.1868

I have noticed the same thing.
New Contributor
kaije
My Device: playbook 16

Re: playbook battery drains rapidly after upgrading tablet os to version 1.0.3.1868

same thing here too

New Contributor
steved1
My Device: playbook 64

i found another post saying there are 2options
1 drain battery fully and recharge
2 accept terms and conditions for video call

i tried #2 last night and it didnt get as hot overnight charging
however on standby for 1.5 hours this morning it was down to 90% when i turned it on
dpeterson329
My Device: Playbook

Same here.  Both the battery drain and the unit getting hot.

Trusted Contributor
Tony86
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK

Hi guys!! :Walkman:

The new software update is definetly going to change the parameters of your battery life.

As steved1 said before, there are 2 possible solutions for this:

1. The BlackBerry PlayBook battery can be retrained by fully discharging and fully recharging the battery a few times.

2.On the BlackBerry PlayBook, launch the Video Chat application and accept the User Agreement.

Just remember that to fully charge the BlackBerry PlayBook, make sure the charging (lightning bolt) icon is no longer displayed in the status bar before disconnecting the power source.

Also, you can turn off wifi and bluetooth to save some battery when you're not using it.

Good luck guys!!!

Please give kudos and mark as a solution if this worked for you.