Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
thame
My Device: blackberry9000
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

playbook browser

browser has 'disappeared' how do i reload it!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: playbook browser

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

and see if it comes back

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thame

tried it but didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tap at the top of the browser and look at a slide at the far right. it will restore the bar.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thame

the problem is i've lost the browser icon from the tablet 'desktop'.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Can you confirm that it's gone from "All"?

I believe by default (on a new PlayBook) it's also in the Favorites group. Possibly many users end up thinking it's *only* there, and don't realize that all apps show up in the All group, and the ones you see in the other groups are like "shortcuts" to the apps.

If you understand that and know it's really gone from All, I suspect doing a full reinstall (losing all your data) will be your only option, unless you can wait for the next update to get it back (and even then, updating may not restore it).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thame

it "moved" into the fav group and i lost it after i tried to move it back. looks like i'll have to do a full wipe!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

@thame, your answer suggests possibly that you haven't really lost it. You cannot "move" apps out of the All group... they are *all* in All, always. :smileyhappy:

When you thought you moved it, you were in effect creating a shortcut. You can think of it as copying it, so the icons show up in both places. When you "moved it back", perhaps you merely deleted it from the Favorites group, but it should still be in All.

Again, I'm merely describing how it works for everyone else... it's always possible that there's a bug which allowed you to actually, really, delete the browser icon from your All group. You should go through the whole list, carefully, and make sure it isn't just buried amongst 100 other apps. I've sometimes "lost" an app in the All group, even after carefully looking through the whole list. It's not the most effective way to organize apps (but, apparently, will be improved in the 2.0 release in some undefined fashion).

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm willing to back @thame up on his.  The same thing happened to my Kobe reader (which, luckily, I don't use).  But it's really, really gone (and not listed as "uninstalled" in App World, either).

@thame, try downloading Comic Sans browser from App World so you at least have something!

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

Note that the Kobo reader app is a third-party one, fully removable as with any of your App World downloads.

The Browser is built-in, and configured so that under any normal conditions, it is NOT removable by any user.

So it's easy to remove Kobo, but should be impossible to completely remove Browser from the All category. (Again, not saying the OP didn't manage it, but he should still double-check the entire list, to be certain, unless anyone else can say "same thing here, definitely gone".)

Please use plain text.