Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
wingpan007
My Device: playbook 8900
My Carrier: china mobile

playbook can't turn on,no light

Hello,everyone! help me,please! at first My playbook stuck on the logo picture “blackberry playbook”, then I passed DM upgrade, but the upgrade failure, playbook completely no electricity. I by connecting the charger, every 5 minutes to discontact and then contact to charger, make it back to light, still stuck on the logo picture“blackberry playbook”. But at that time I shut down later, my playbook charges with charger  directly or every 5 minutes off a method, but can not make the playbook light. Seek help. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wingpan007
My Device: playbook 8900
My Carrier: china mobile

Re: playbook can't turn on,no light

Press power button + Volume Up/Down for 20 sec, nothing happened.

and contact the computer ,open dm and Press power button   for 20 sec, nothing happened.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonder1-47100
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!
My Carrier: not cellular, just wi-fi - all I ever need!

Re: playbook can't turn on,no light

[ Edited ]

Hi WINGPAN007,

I think you might have to provide a little more information so people can help you on this problem. For example:

1. What are you using to charge your PB? Are you using the original BLACKBERRY charger that came in the box, used with the MICRO-USB port  --- or are you using a RAPID CHARGER where the BBPB sits on it and uses the 3-pin charging port?

2. How long did you charge it for? 

3. Did you let the charge continue for a few hours or did you interrupt it by turning on the PlayBook?

4. Is this the original boot-up or have you been using your BBPB for some time?

5. Are you aware of the fact that the BBPB takes a long time (quite a few minutes but no more than 5 minutes) to boot up into the HOMESCREEN? While it is booting up, the words "BlackBerry PlayBook" will stay on the screen for quite some time, a few minutes at least. While these words are on the screen, the background changes colour, telling you that it is still booting up (still working away). This doesn't mean it is "stuck".

Give it a good charge with the ORIGINAL CHARGER THAT CAME IN THE BOX --- charge for 12 hours before doing anything more, for now. Do not use the MICRO-USB cable to your computer to charge it (it is not powerful enough to give the PlayBook a proper charge). Then try the power button --- only after charging for 12 hours.

Please use plain text.