Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
petersonb
My Device: blackberry 16g notebook
Accepted Solution

playbook charging

hello.found problem with(DEAD) paybook...make SURE  pin plug is not bent from installing the wrong way...instruct users how to install plug....blackberry insignia UP...might save a lot of trouble....thanks !!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: playbook charging

petersonb wrote:

hello.found problem with(DEAD) paybook...make SURE  pin plug is not bent from installing the wrong way...instruct users how to install plug....blackberry insignia UP...might save a lot of trouble....thanks !!!

Yup, another way to think about this is matching the Blackberry logo on the bottom of the bezel to the B logo on the USB cable. Logo facing logo type thing...if they don't match, you're doing it wrong!

Also, TEETH DOWN is another way to think about this too. Feel the bottom of the USB cable head...it will have two little pointy teeth sticking out. These lock the USB cable in the slot.

A third way to think about it is ANGLED CORNERS of the tip end go UP.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Seven of my friends have brought their new PlayBooks to me for the initial setup. Before handing the units back to them, I used white-out to put a white dot on the correct side of plug to make it easier to see which way is up so it doesn't get plugged in upside down. For the chargers with the yellow tip, I marked it with a black permanent marker. This is a good suggestion.
Please use plain text.
ajiri12345
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK

Hi their blackberry I have recently updated my playbook I bought from carhpone warehouse a couple months ago and when I out in the charger after completion . My PLAYBOOK HAS STARTED TO NOT CHARGE AND I AM CERTAIN I HAD PUT IT IN THE CORRECT WAY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN GET IT REPAIRED AS I USE IT ON A DAILY BASIS AND IF THE MANAFACTURERES WARRANTY WILL REPAIR IT FOR ME FREE OF CHARGE AS I HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR 4 MONTHS

Please use plain text.
ajiri12345
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK

I HAVE A 16GB BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mclovin22
My Device: 9900

My battery only last for about 3-4 hours, is this normal?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Depends on what Apps you are running. Games can take a toll on the battery. I also find if I leave my bluetooth running and searching for a mate, it runs down fast. Keep it charged to avoid problems, don't let it drop below 10%.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Ajiri12345
Contact RIM. This is a community forum. RIM employees are rarely on this site. Check this site. There is a worldwide Contact number listed here somewhere.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tashakirk
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

I got my PlayBook at Christmas and it usually charged fully under an hour with the 'lightning bolt' symbol on the battery symbol on the top corner of the screen. But now when I charge it, the 'fully charged' symbol (shape of a charger) is on the battery symbol and it takes FOREVER to charge and I have to charge it over night for it to be full. Then it runs out really quickly.

I've tried new chargers but it's just the same. I'm wondering if it's just the blackberry PlayBook battery? Instilled have warranty so would I be able to bring it to the shop and get it replaced?

PLEASE HELP!:Clap:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

My battery when it is run down to about 10% takes approximately 4 hours to recharge and I believe this is normal. Game Playing can run the battery flat in 4 hours depending on the game. From the sounds of things I would suggest your battery is normal.
What do you use the PlayBook for? Game Playing? Surfing the Internet? Do you have any Android Apps installed? My screen brightness is turned down very low to conserve energy. My PlayBook goes to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity to save juice.
Please use plain text.