Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
irfanquraishi
My Device: playbook

playbook front camera not working

i experienced the worse in playbook  as my front camera is not working and it shows error.4003 and when i contact blackberry on phone they told me to wipe it and re install latest update...i did it several times with the giving instructions but couldnt resolved this problem then they also admit it that it a more likely software problem and they don't have any particular solution for this..

I had my PB in warranty but  when i submitted it to REDINGTON, they after wasting 10 days, told me that it is out of warranty as there are scratches on HOUSING (BODY COVER) , but when i gave it to them there were no scratches.

And told me that Your camera will work only after change of HOUSING ( body cover), but it is quite illogical that even if there are scratches on body then how can it affect its camera. And the price of this repair if 1/3 of cost...

so i request RIM to look after in this regard as it is a global issue and many pb users facing the same problem.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: playbook front camera not working

irfanquraishi wrote:

I so i request RIM to look after in this regard as it is a global issue and many pb users facing the same problem.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. So, we here in the forum can not help you.

Have you called your PlayBook support (not Redington) and explained this?

The non-working camera has been an issue for few, and perhaps if you pressed this issue further, they would accept it under RMA.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
irfanquraishi
My Device: playbook

Thanks for your kind advise....i did the same and now the matter is under RMA

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Excellent, good luck with it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code