Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell
Accepted Solution

playbook hdmi vs vga

This is probably a stupid question I don't know much about computer but is there any other way I could watch my playbook through the tv even if my hdmi is broken
Is there another plug out there that you could use from the port that you charge your playbook and make it through the vga instead since my HDMI port is broken?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: playbook hdmi vs vga

Take your device to an authorized repair center. Tech guy at repair center might be able to help you out.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is only on port for video, you will need to get it repaired

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

manonviau wrote:

This is probably a stupid question I don't know much about computer but is there any other way I could watch my playbook through the tv even if my hdmi is broken
Is there another plug out there that you could use from the port that you charge your playbook and make it through the vga instead since my HDMI port is broken?

which hdmi ?

the one on your PlayBook or the one on your TV?

if it is the one on your TV, then you can buy a converter for 5USD, that will enable you to plug the HDMI cable to another format like VGA or DVI.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

It is the hdmi of my playbook so I guess there is no other way then to have it repaired. Isn't there anything out there that would connect with bluetooth or something else what about the 2 other plug it's only for charging?
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

knottyrope wrote:

there is only one port for video, you will need to get it repaired

My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Check your HDMI connection with a magnifying glass. It may be bent out of shape from inserting the incorrect plug or the correct plug being upside down. You may be able to bend it back into position using a small plastic tool.