Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
wayner9
My Device: Torch (Bold9800), Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

playbook lasts only 3-4 hours

[ Edited ]

If you think the battery life on a PB is "amazing" then you should try an iPad.  Maybe I have a dud but on many days my PB dies after only 3-4 hours of use and a few more hours on standby.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tony86
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

Re: My PlayBook Story

accept the video chat terms and conditions and discharge and fully charge your PB a couple of times...

IF your battery drains after jsut 3-4 hours after that there's something wrong with your PB...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wayner9
My Device: Torch (Bold9800), Playbook

Where do I accept this - when I go into Video Chat I don't see this come up?  Some days my PB lasts the full day, other time it drains very quickly.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tony86
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

[ Edited ]

That has to do with the amount of apps and media that you use each day. The video chat T&C is the first thing that pops up when opening video chat. If you can't see it maybe you have already accepted that.

However try do fully discharge and charge your PB a cuple of times. That should make your charge more even each day.

Also you can save battery by turning off bluetooth and wifi when you're not using it.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

1. Video chat accept agreement
2. In settings change behavior from 'showcase' to 'default'
3. Drain the playbook, then do a full restart (hold down power button for 10 seconds) and do a full recharge
4. Note which apps you are running when you go on standby. It is possible but not likely a bad app is still running
5. Lower brightness setting
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.