Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
Accepted Solution

playbook podcast questions

just tried podcasts. seems to work ok. two questions:

1) how do you delete a podcast? i can delete it from my "download list" but that just removes it from that list. if i go to "episodes", it is still there. if i click the "x" next to that podcast in "episodes", it starts playing it!!!

2) just downloaded the april 2011 episode of "wild oceans" but getting "error playing: wild ocean..." when i try to play it. how can i fix that? failing that, how do i delete it (see above)? it's some 340MB+!

thanks.
Contributor
freeyo
My Device: 9800 torch and playbook also 9700 bold

Re: playbook podcast questions

when in episodes just tap the red x quick. Wait it should delete. I had the same problem and just tapped it quick and it deleted it, try a couple times. Delete the Oceans then redownload.
Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

thanks freeyo, I see what you mean now and was able to delete the 2 podcasts I wanted to chuck.

It is really unfortunate that they designed the "x" so small and that the portion of the podcast title sensitive to "touch to play" so wide (probably 95% of the width) so that when I thought I was clicking the "x' I was actually clicking the part to tell it to play. This definitely needs an improvement.

what also needs improvement is that, after successfully clicking "x" to delete it, there is no prompt for me to confirm the deletion. What if I clicked the wrong "x"?

hopefully some playbook developer will read this code these changes in!!! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
GBVP
My Device: Playbook 64, Playbook 32

Not only that but for several days after installing os2 I used to have the delete yes/no dialog box show up, now it doesn't.

The podcast thumbnail icons are not coming up or are not attached to the correct file. Like a CBC icon being on a CNN podcast.

Also, when you have several hundred episodes and you want to delete a few. After you delete one, it goes to the bottom of the list, which is organised in some indecipherable manner. Then you have to swipe a kajillion time to get back to another file you want to delete. This is a horrible podcast management system.
Contributor
juditha
My Device: Blackberry playbook

[ Edited ]
I am so disappointed in the podcast app. The only podcasts available are those selected by the app developer - there are thousands and thousands of podcasts out there, but I cannot get the one I want because the developer didn't include it - BBC Friday night comedy. Does anyone know how to access a podcast? Later - It looks like the itunes app will move the podcasts from my itunes library on my computer to my playbook. Instead of deleting this post, I'll leave it with the solution in case anyone else wants to know the answer.