Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
oneloadedbanana
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: rogers

Re: playbook shut down and does not power on anymore

wtf.. seriously RIM?? I just got my playbook 1 Hr ago..and then it just shut down. Yeah, 60 - 70 percent battery life remaining. I was excited about it, but leave it to RIM to f**k it up.

The first couple times of trying to reset via holding down the power button for 20 seconds failed. It eventually worked - tip - try holding for 30 seconds.

my opinion so far - piece of s**t.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oneloadedbanana
My Device: 9800 torch

and.. it just did it again.. Im having so much fun already. Thanks for nothing RIM. No wonder it was on sale - soon you won't be able to give them away.

Please use plain text.
Tenacious
My Device: Playbook 64Gb & 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Its April 25 2012 and my Playbook will not turn on. The problem started yesterday. When I turned it off 2 days ago it was !out 75% charged. There was an upgrade a few days ago and it seemed to me my power usage had gone up. I am taking the unit to the office to hook up to computer with DM & see if it will revive. I have tried the hard boot for as long as a full minute with no success.
Please use plain text.
deadbook
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Yep - PlayBook dead as a door nail. It worked for a while - then one day it wouldn't turn on. Assumed the battery was dead but I have no clue because I have been trying to charge it for ohhhhh......weeks. I have tried several other Playbook chargers - nothing. I have tried the hard reset - nothing. I have tried cleaning the contact points of the charger (both male and female) - nothing.

The Playbook is dead. Not a bif deal as it was a freebie at an Adobe conference 2 years ago - so glad I never actually paid for one. Makes a nice coaster now. 

Never have I ever seen a device die such a quck and abrupt death - no warning - just *poof*...and she was gone.

RIP Playbook. 

Please use plain text.
mfromholland
My Device: Blackberry Playbook and Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Like you I tried everything suggested and nothing worked, my playbook was dead. Then I read somewhere to plug it into the wall, red light comes on for about 20 seconds, unplug it, plug it in again unplug it and do this about 7 times. Eventually the battery charge sign comes on leave it on charge and the playbook works again! Magic!!!

deadbook wrote:

Yep - PlayBook dead as a door nail. It worked for a while - then one day it wouldn't turn on. Assumed the battery was dead but I have no clue because I have been trying to charge it for ohhhhh......weeks. I have tried several other Playbook chargers - nothing. I have tried the hard reset - nothing. I have tried cleaning the contact points of the charger (both male and female) - nothing.

The Playbook is dead. Not a bif deal as it was a freebie at an Adobe conference 2 years ago - so glad I never actually paid for one. Makes a nice coaster now. 

Never have I ever seen a device die such a quck and abrupt death - no warning - just *poof*...and she was gone.

RIP Playbook. 

Please use plain text.
mehrloo
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hi All
FINALLY got my dead playbook to accept charge, I was receiving blinking red light, after connecting to DM and updating the PB I was receiving blinking red light (15 second) and five green blinks then nothing, tried all permutation nothing worked! Finally decided to try this:
1-Connected the PB charger to a surge protecter outlet
2-turn off the outlet
3-turn it on and immediately hold the power button on PB, kept it pressed until red light went off, then release the button
4-left the PB on charger for about 20 minutes
5- turn off the outlet and turn it on again (recycle the power)

Red light came back for about 10 seconds then went off, after a minute or so charging logo appeared, volla! its charging now.

A WORD of advice for folks @ RIM, I do mobile development and strategy for big guys, if you are serious about staying in this business you need to do -A LOT- better than this, I've worked for your biggest competitor (a while ago) and honestly a fiasco like this would get you (starting with your product manager) fired almost instantly (no matter how long you've been with the firm). I think Playbook and QNX plafrom has a lot of potential but you need to put customer experience FRONT and CENTRE!

Please use plain text.
glennking
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Thank you for your help. Holding the power button down worked perfectly. Thanks again.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
kirandoha
My Device: blackberry playbook OS 2.0
My Carrier: lulu hypermarket doha qatar

i am facing a similar problem

the screen goes dark

and the speakers also dont work

it drains all my charge to zero and

i have to charge it again for use

can anyone help

Please use plain text.