Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
b10cey
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch & 16 GB Playbook

Re: playbook shut down and does not power on anymore

I have tried uninstaling andre-installing DTM, I have tried the debrick update but as soon as the download/install is complete I get a pop up saying disconect the device and nothing happens!

I am intreasted if the Rapid charge brings the device back to life?

Would be good to find out!

If not I have a battle with RIM on the cards to send me a replacement and run some tests on my device to help the development for others!

Come on BB.

David

Contributor
scratchskier
My Device: Playbook

Didn't work, I already had the latest DM anyways.
Contributor
b10cey

Scratchskier

How is things going an joy?

Anyother thoughts?

Stil no joy at my end!

David

Contributor
scratchskier

Not good, going to best buy to get a new one tomorrow.
Contributor
b10cey

God, I wish I could but bought it in the YS and live in the UK and wont be back!

I hate RIM hardware and support, shocking.

500 bucks on a plastics case.

Contributor
doug1010
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9700

b10cey wrote:

Scratchskier

Dito, I have left mine over night and still the same, did you do the second firmware update?

Is there any chance you could try the rapid charger and even return it?

I would but as stated am in the Scotland

Cheers

David

Looks like I am having the same problem

I "shut down" my playbook last night. I Plugged it in to charger because the battery was low. Thinking, I'll back it up when the battery charges in the morning. When I plugged it in, it switched itself back on, and it booted up on its own. Then it shut off the screen and the red light at the top would blink twice every once in a while. I Thought it was just charging normally.

So i went to turn it on in the morning, and it was unresponsive. I Unplugged it and the red light is still blinking. I Did a hard reset. The light stopped blinking when it shut off, but when I turned it back on it started blinking again and the screen is blank.

When I plug it into my laptop Desktop manager said it couldn't connect and suggested to update.  But I'd rather not run the unbricker as I think it will do a wipe of everything on my tablet.  And I had taken some nice videos and photos on it while i was out during the day.

Contributor
scratchskier

How do I do the unbricker?
Contributor
b10cey

Plug it in via DTM, hold the power button and select update when the error message appears.

David

Contributor
scratchskier

I think i've tried this before... but there was no error message. I'll try again.
Contributor
doug1010
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I've had mine plugged into the rapid charger for over an hour.  Still no luck :'(

I'll have to preform the "debricking" update and i guess loose anything i didn't have backed up :smileysad:

sigh.

edit:

ok, i ran the debrick and had to run the initial setup again.  I had to disconnect from the computer to run the setup... but it showed the battery at 0% and said it would shut down. I was able to put it in the quick charger... quickly ... to run the setup.  Now i am waiting for it to get to 20% to do the update. 

I guess it did not charge the battery at all all that time i was trying to charge it...  I am very worried that it may have damaged the battery permanently by having such a low charge...

It's such a shame that I lost all of those nice pictures and videos i took yesterday.  I never had to worry about loosing pictures on my blackberry bold. Or about not being able to change the battery.  This is very unfortunate.