Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

peyton
My Device: playbook and torch
My Carrier: digicel

playbook stuck on boot screeen :(

hey .

just wondering if anyone knows if there's a fix for my playbook :s> the thing is since i downloaded the new os i put  my files in folders and my battery drained out and the device shut down after charging it fully i tried to restart it and it just stucks on the screen with the logo saying"blackberry playbook" with the different colours changing in the background. i am very distraught as i have become very attached to the device and even boasting to my ipad counterparts that i got more for my money than they did. no i feel embarassed and sad. 

i went onmlpine to see sevferal ppl having the same complaint and there seems to be something to do with putting the files on the homescreen in folders only 

if possible please send some help.

peyton

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AdamW
My Device: Curve 8520 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: playbook stuck on boot screeen :(

Hold down the power button on the top, and keep it held down until your screen goes blank, and the LED at the top flashes. This should hard reboot your device. Hopefully it will work this time. It should take about 2 and a half minutes to boot up.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"When in doubt, try another hole"
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Try it several times if it doesn't work the first time.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phylosipher
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Wind

I have tried all the solutions presented on this board, but still my playbook is stuck on the balloons splash screen.  I know of many others with the same problem.  No response from BB

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shazwansuhaimi
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700 & blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Maxis

i experienced the same problem as you do...i just bought this thing.its really frustating

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phylosipher
My Carrier: Wind

My advice... tell everyone yu know to avoid the playbook.  Trying to use it has wasted more then 28 hours of my time.  And now here I am stuck with a welcome screen, and no way to fix it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shazwansuhaimi
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700 & blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Maxis

it happened to me yesterday..have you guys tried going to the blackberry office or the shop where you bought the playbook? they might know something

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hantukacak
My Device: playbook , pearl 9105
My Carrier: maxis

try to use the blackberry desktop manager... u can reinstall the os
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GraniteRoast
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem.  It only happens in one circumstance.  My Playbook will get stuck on the boot screen, cycling thru the different colour sequences.

I can connect to other wifi Hotspots / AP's with little issue, except ONE.   From what I can imagine, it recognises one of my saved access points, but it is unable to connect.  It's hanging.  I don't have problems with any other hotspots/AP yet just one that I need to use 50% of the time.

My remedy was to walk my playbook 200' away from my saved wifi ap and it booted up.  In my case, if my playbook starts its boot sequence, and detects a saved AP that it is unable to connect to, it hangs and won't boot.

The fact that it is only able to connect to this AP 1 out of 100 times is another question for another thread.  But if it detects this AP and fails to negotiate a WPA2 Personal connection, it won't boot and hangs.

This seems like a stupid vulnerability.  Let the playbook boot without connecting to a saved wifi AP.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

During the boot up I don't think it connects to wifi tool it is completed, but I may be wrong.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.