Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

nfa
New Contributor
nfa
My Device: Playbook - 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

playbook touchscreen unresponsive upon waking from standby

History: before the OS2.0 update, the playbook would not reliably stay in standby mode (5-10 seconds). I waited until the update, hoping that would correct the issue and it did.

After the update, the playbook would stay in standby mode but will not wake with a swipe across the screen (from bezel or any location). A press of the power button will turn on the screen and bring me to the restart, shut down, standby screen.  At this point, the screen is still unresponsive and a hard reset is required to get the tablet into a usable state again. One other note: if only in standby mode for a short time (20 seconds or less), a finger swipe from the bezel will work. Longer periods of standby "disable" the screen.

I've done the power +- reset and reinstalled the OS (through desktop manager) with out any positive results.

Any ideas or solutions would be welcome.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: playbook touchscreen unresponsive upon waking from standby

with all you have done, my guess is a hard ware issue and not software.

I would call support and start on warranty if less than a year old.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
axe
axe
My Device: Playbook

Firstly, I am not willing to reinstall... At least not yet :smileyhappy:

Next, I am running into the same screen unresponsiveness after the PB sleeping for a while.  It works great after a boot, but before that the touch fails.  I have to touch and hold the physical power button until it dies, then restart.  When holding it, the three button "standby, off,restart" comes up.  If I flip the PB around, it rotates happily.  And none of this happened before last week's upgrade.  Hopefully something can be done...

Please use plain text.
nfa
New Contributor
nfa
My Device: Playbook - 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

I contacted customer service and ended up going through the RMA process. Their troubleshooting steps consists of the reset and reinstall. They just sent an empty box and I expect to be without my playbook for 5-7 business days.  They sometimes advance a new/refurb playbook and you just send yours in but unfortunatley I did not qualify for this.

Customer service was good, no wait times exceeding a minute to talk to a representative. If you have this issue and your playbook is still in the warranty period, just call customer service.

They could not tell me how they expect to repair my unit (which they said they'd be doing, not sending me a new/refurb).

I'll update after I get the unit back.

Please use plain text.