Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
Gigglychaos
My Device: playbook

playbook wifi vs ps3

Im having a fairly obscure wifi connectivity issue with my blackberry playbook on my home network.  I seem to be only able to  have either the PB or my ps3 connected to my wireless network at seperate times with the other device unable to connect at the time the connected device is.  In order to connect either back on to the network, i must restart my router as well.  I do have other wifi devices connected (mobile, laptop, etc) without issue.  Soon as the PB comes into the picture however, my network gets picky between the 2 devices.  I have even went to the point of setting my  PB on a slighlty different ip thinking that could be the cause.  It did not work.  Please help.  

RJK
Contributor
RJK
My Device: Playbook

Re: playbook wifi vs ps3

What router are you using, and what ISP ?

I'm on Rogers, with a Rogers supplied SMC 'N' router and it works fine with both of my PS3's (one wired, one wireless)
Developer
brentcameron
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: playbook wifi vs ps3

Sounds like your router is setup to only support so many devices and they are competiting to be first.  I had a power glitch and I noticed the Playbook was the first one on the network (which makes sense as every other device would have had to reboot).  You can generally tell by the address (if you've enabled dynamic IP assignment).   You may want to look at your router settings to ensure that you have enough IP addresses being assigned.  FWIW, I have 3 PC's, a Wii, a PS3 and an XBOX, a wireless printer along with my BlackBerry Torch, my son's 3-4 assorted iDevices and my PlayBook.  No issues what so ever.  I'm running off an Apple Airport Express Router although I've had just about every other kind of router as well.  I got this one because it was a fast N device for cheap at the time and my old Linksys was dropping connections on a fairly regular basis.  Other than the fact that you can't dial into it using a Windows VPN (which sucks), I quite like it.  

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!