Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kathleenwhipp
My Device: Playbook 16gb 2.1.0.1032
My Carrier: do not have a mobile provider

playbook will not charge and will not connect to computer

Hello: I am a new member, bought the BBPB 8 months ago, no issues until now.

Three days ago I connected the playbook to my computer to transfer a file, and it completed ok. But since then, the playbook will not charge, either with the charger unit or when connected to computer.

Also when connected to computer, the playbook no longer is shown on windows explorer, so file transfer procedure is not possible.

Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Re: playbook will not charge and will not connect to computer

Did you do an update on the Playbook at all to 2.1.0.1032 maybe? If so then i have no help im afraid as i a 1 person in a very large lineup of people with problems from this update. Maybe it is something more simple like try another USB Port on the PC, do you use any 3rd party software like Peerblock? If so i have found this can cause the Playbook not to show on Windows at all until fully closed down and then reconnect all the cables etc to the Playbook and see if thats any help too.

Sorry i cannot help any further as im still waiting for help with all the problms i want fixed too :smileysad:

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

Hi Kathleenwhipp, you say your playbook won't charge anymore and your computer no longer recognizes it. Is it possible you may have damaged the usb charging port on the playbook? Do you know anyone who has the magnetic pin rapid charger to see if that is the issue? If your computer won't recognize it, you may want to do a hard reset to see if that sorts out the connection to the computer. if you are still under warranty, then call RIM and get some help under warranty. If you haven't registered with RIM before now, register your playbook first on the website and then call for tech support. They may just have the answer for you.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kathleenwhipp
My Device: Playbook 16gb 2.1.0.1032
My Carrier: do not have a mobile provider

thank you for the help. yes, i think i will register with rim and contact them.

i did the upgrade when it came out and lost my calender and contacts, it did not affect the charger and also after the upgrade the unit was recognized by the computer. so i feel this problem is not because of the upgrade.

your answer about a port problem is something i'll follow up.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Am facing the same prblm hre, when i connect the charger, o conncet to computer, apps come on playbook automtcly, all those happnd after the latest update, & you can try one thing, on the computer, go to device manager, uninstall all usbroothib & restart the computer, connect your playbook, & check id the windows explorer is comming on or not..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackvipergts
My Device: Playbook

I had the same after 6 months and clearly was a problem with the usb.Contacted RIM assistence (very professional),

shipped for checkup and after 5 working days the sentence:to be repaired and I should have to pay 95€+tax for a total of 110,00€.: I bought a new one on Ebay at 100€ delivered!

Rim should have a better idea of the real market value of its PB ( sold in Canada at 150$ in ditribution center!)

In spite of such negative experience I have an overall positive feeling with PB as it is doing well what's I need...and at a very competive price

Blackvipergts

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

If the usb is messed up and they want to charge you for it, buy a magnetic rapid charger  (around $39) and connect wirelessly to your network. The fee for a usb repair can be quite costly, so keep that in mind and get the magnetic charger and use your network connection.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackvipergts
My Device: Playbook

Thank for the suggestion I was not considering as option to go!:Clap:

Regards

Blackvipergts

Please use plain text.