Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mrtarr
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32gb

playbook will not charge

My playbook will not accept a charge, the other day it got down to 4% before i could charge it. i plugged it in and there was no indication it was charging, as in a lightning bolt in the battery icon. i have tried a couple of things suggested but no all i get is a red light followed by 5 yellow. i see all kinds of advise, tried some with no luck. need to know what will work and what i need to do.

Please use plain text.
Meadowhawk
My Device: PlayBook

Re: playbook will not charge

Happened to me just today. Tried to contact customer support but received an email stating they could not process my request. I was trying to find out where I can take it or where I send it to get it fixed. Apparently you have to "buy" answers if your playbook is over 90 days old.

That is what I have discovered so far.  Perhaps someone else here would know better and can correct me, which I would really like btw.

I have read here about buying some other charger, but I do really  need it  to connect to computer. I cannot do file sharing over wifi, because a mysterious password that is unrecoverable is on it. (I did not put the password there)

As it stands, my playbook will probably be tossed this week....literallly as I cannot do anything with it now. I really should have hit my husband over the head with it when he replaced my ipad with this, but hey...I gave it a shot. It just really sucks that I cannot find anyplace to go with it without giving a credit card with an open authorization to charge whatever to fix after charging  to answer the question of where to take it.

Hope you have better luck than me.

Please use plain text.
mhz
New Contributor
mhz
My Device: Playbook

The same happened to me, because I let it unused many weeks. I call up 0800 022 3161: they sent me a box to put  the tablet in (Return Material Authorization) and I sent it to the post office to the address indicated in the box. After 17 days it was delivered in my house, working again.

Please use plain text.
mrtarr
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32gb

What country? As I will need a number for Canada. My son is an electrical engineer and is intrigued by this, he and his co workers are going to have a look as well. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
mhz
New Contributor
mhz
My Device: Playbook

I am in Brazil: I think you can find the canadian telephone number in www.blackberry.com. Good Luck!

Please use plain text.