Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: playbook wont connect with usb or charge with regular charger

aandras wrote:

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
If the BlackBerry PlayBook is plugged into a power source while powered off it will automatically power on in order to accept the charge.
If the BlackBerry PlayBook is powered off while plugged into a charging source it will not continue to charge.

This is not true.  I turn my playbook off and connect to the charging source it stays off.  It doesnot turn on unfilled I press the power button.

Confirming.  With the newer OS versions since 1.0.5, the PlayBook will charge while powered off.  

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27705&sliceId=2&cm...

- Ira
New Contributor
scottnang
My Device: playbook

While not hard, or rocket science, it was not a predictable solution. Apparently a very small number of playbooks came from the manufacturer with the charging/usb port installed upside down. The usb can still fit in only one way, and slides in easily, but after some time, will no longer make the connection due to damage or whatever. Mine was the second at this store to be returned.

Raqoon
My Device: Bold 9900 / Playbook 32 GB

I've had this happen on 3 64 GB models so far.  My third one just arrived to my desk from one of our users.  I guess a semi - related quesiton, and hopefully someone from Blackberry support can answer this...

Is there an easier way to get warranty service on these units?  The problem we have is that we must register the device to an account, and name, and I don't like having to keep putting these on my personal account as I already have a unit that is working, and the unit is for someone else.

Is there any form of corporate support that can bypass the time consuming rigamaroll that must be dealt with when calling in for obvious manufacturing defects?

Thanks