Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Sasktel

problem trying to set up new PlayBook

I have just purchased a 16G PlayBook.  I am unable to complete the initial set up.  I have chosen my language - English, country - Canada, updated time & date, connected to my WiFi, then the Agreement.  There is no drop down country list, it just says none selected by country, when I use the arrow there is a blank box under it, can not touch & bring up keyboard.  It tries to display the agreement but because I can not choose my country I get the following response:

Unable to display the BlackBerry ID Agreement.  Please select your country and language, then try again.  I have gone back to the start & reselected my country there, but still have the same problem.  I am not sure if I should be returning this to the store to exchange it.

Solutions: 6,234
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: problem trying to set up new PlayBook

Try the workaround suggested in this link:

Article ID: KB26582 The error "Unable to display the BlackBerry ID agreement" during setup of the BlackBerry PlayBook

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code