Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
Developer
mdd
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

quick launch icons

my PB has had no icons showing in the quick launch bar since upgrading to 2.0.  Now, after moving my app's icon to the quick launch bar, it has disappeared (array_insert invalid index).  Even after re-downloading, the icon is missing.

Does anyone know how to restore the icons to the quick launch bar?  Other forums suggest a security wipe...

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pierre5018
My Device: Playbook, Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: quick launch icons

Have same problem. Urgent fix needed -- how could this bug get through, since it was discovered during beta trials! Having an empty tray is not far fetched, it is a very common case.

I tried backing up the playbook, reinitializing to factory, and restoring the backup, but the problem persists. (tray is still empty), and sideloaded apps have not been restored.

Blackberry please provide urgent fix.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by a quick launch bar or tray?

Did you mean 2.0?

Sideloaded apps will not restore from backup as far as I know. All apps should be reinstalled or resideloaded after a restore or relosd. 

mdd
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

The "quick launch" area is between the top status bar and tabs area holding most apps.

It used to have the app categories, but ever since upgrading to 2.0, mine has been empty.  Recently, I learned that one could drag apps from an apps tab to the quick launch tray.  After dragging the browser there, it disappeared - nowhere to be found.  I also dragged one of the apps I developed to the tray, whereupon it too disappeared.

I am running 2.1.0.1032 and have tried several hard resets, but still no browser/nothing in the quick launch tray.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

If you can develop apps you will have already tried both app screens top and bottom for missing icons, and you should have no problem backing up and reloading the OS using the debrick process, which I would do.

The area's only special characteristic is they dont move when swapping between app screens. 

[ Edited ]

pierre5018 wrote:
Have same problem. Urgent fix needed -- how could this bug get through, since it was discovered during beta trials! Having an empty tray is not far fetched, it is a very common case.

I tried backing up the playbook, reinitializing to factory, and restoring the backup, but the problem persists. (tray is still empty), and sideloaded apps have not been restored.

Blackberry please provide urgent fix.

Pierre, if you have restored using debrick the Icons will return. Don't. Know what you did to reinitialize to factory.  

Only restore media not app data or you may restore the fault. 

Not a bug, doesn't need a fix from BB,  just stuff happening.

My Device: Playbook, Z30
My Carrier: Telus

To recover from the error condition, I performed a security cleanup, thereby deleting all files and applications. Then reinstalled the apps.  Since this recovery, I have always left at least one icon on the tray.

I had to do this on two playbooks.

Please confirm that you have successfully  deleted all icons from the top tray, and then were able to move icons back to the tray without losing application icons.

Please use plain text.