Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: No Playbooks Allowed In Ireland
My Carrier: Not relevant

Re: "BlackBerry PlayBook should not be available in the Republic of Ireland"

[ Edited ]

Jarviser, I'm sorry to have to say this but you seem to struggle with basic reading, writing and simple word definitions. My post is not a "rant" and there were no "bleeps". Please learn the correct meanings of these terms. There is nothing wrong with my sense of humour - you simpy haven't said anything even remotely funny. Your "advice" is already "less helpful" and is certainly not needed. In fact, your contribution to this thread has been of very little use to me or to anyone else in Ireland and it is distracting from a very serious issue, which you obviously find amusing but many people in Ireland won't. Blackberry is selling Playbooks in Ireland but is refusing to support Playbooks in Ireland or even allow them to be legally setup and registered in Ireland. 

Jarviser, you need to read posts carefully before commenting and you need to be very careful about making offensive remarks about Ireland and Irish people. It is precisely because of offensive time-wasters that many intelligent, educated people avoid forums. I very rarely post on forums for this reason but I wanted other people in Ireland to know the truth about Blackberry, having been so inconvenienced myself.

Jarviser, if you actually read my first post then you would know that I clearly stated exactly where I bought the Blackberry Playbook: PC World Ireland online. Please try to read properly. OBVIOUSLY, I am taking it up with them!

Now, Jarviser, please don't leave any more unhelpful, time-wasting, or offensive comments and please stop distracting from my important message. Unless you have something useful to say then I shall ignore any further comments from you.

My message, especially for the people of Ireland, is this:
Blackberry have officially stated the "Playbook should not be available in the Republic of Ireland" and they do not allow it to be legally setup or registered here, despite selling it through PC World / Curries in Ireland. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Only trying to help, and to suggest how you may get a better reception here. 

I have spent some time doing more research, and contacting Currys PCWorld Ireland, but that will stay with me now that I know what you think of my advice. Good luck. 

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Hi,

I'm writing this from my Playbook, in Dublin. Your playbook will work just fine, albeit I must admit, the initial set up was buggy. Once you get past this, it's a great device.

Forget support and start Googling. My major problem was Wep wifi. Once I logged on via a Wpa secured network, everyghing worked fine

So either turn off security on you router and try the setup from the top, go to a hotspot and try from there or plug into your desktop and update from there. Stick with it

Once you're up and running, it's a great stable device.

Good luck

Forums Veteran I

The guy's problem was choosing a country to register as ROI was not on the list. Which one did you choose?

My Carrier: O2

Pretty sure I selected Ireland. If not, UK.

Either way, it functions as designed. If Uzbekestan worked, I'd have selected it.!

Ireland's a tiny market. Sometimes major corporates forget about us. Key point is that it's easy to get the machine to function.

Forums Veteran I

My point exactly!

My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: MTS

Ireland is not on the list... Hah.

I already used to that Russia is not on the list. It's usual case. So I choose Canada. Smiley Happy But in case of PlayBook Russia is on the list now. Smiley Happy
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

If you pick another country can you still pay for apps in your own currency or does it use country information to set currency? 

My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

But my question is if you select UK in the agreement what currency is in app world. I would think that would be an issue
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Carrier: None

I have just tried to get support for 1 of the playbooks I have and Blackberry are still stating that they cannot support it as they did not officially release it in Ireland. Guess I need to go to PC World. Can't wait for that conversation..