Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
CareWolf
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a
Accepted Solution

"Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again"

Since the upgrade I am having problems connecting to the Blackberry App World Server with my playbook.  I keep getting......."Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again"  I am also having troubles with the video chat not connecting to the server.   I have resolved the issue of not being able to access my files on the PC.  So that is one problem solved two more to go.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again"

Hey CareWolf,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely help you out.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29249

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CareWolf

Re: "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again"

Thanks for your response.  I am connected to WIFI.  I have  access  to my browser, but not to app world and the video chat.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Try reading this Knowledge Base article. KB29249 and KB26774.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dyours
My Device: PlayBook, Strom2, Bold3
My Carrier: KPN, Vodafone NL

Hi CareWolf,

I experienced the same problem after the upgrade (coincidence?).

Wifi connection is OK. Browsing the internet is no problem, even running AppWorld and browsing the catalog is no problem. Upgrading applications however is not working.

The workaround was to switch to another wifi network. When switched back to my own wifi router upgrading apps via AppWorld was working fine.

Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox
My Carrier: None...wifi

Weird!!!!!

The workaround was to switch to another wifi network. When switched back to my own wifi router upgrading apps via AppWorld was working fine.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Is it working now.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CareWolf

Thanks, I am very grateful.  It is working now.

Please use plain text.
ahmadhussain
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: du. etisalat

hey .... Now I have the same trouble and i feel like I'm stuck .... restarting the tab not working ... network is fine ..   every thing looks fine .. still not accepting login !!!!

any solution??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dyours
My Device: PlayBook, Strom2, Bold3
My Carrier: KPN, Vodafone NL

Network looks fine allright. Just something did not configure properly. There is no manual way to edit this configuration and restarting is not helping either. So, try to connect to another wifi access point (maybe from a friend) and then switch back to your own.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.