If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
joelimar73
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

"The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device"

[ Edited ]

Does anyone encounter this problem after os update?  i got this message after i reinstalling my OS with DM. my installation is unsuccess because of this error and now my device reboots after the logo every time i turn it on.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device"

Hello joelimar73 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue connecting your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to your computer.

What version of BlackBerry Desktop Software are you using? 

Have you done a reboot of your computer? 

Do you know to what version of tablet software you updated?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device"

joelimar73 wrote:

Does anyone encounter this problem after os update?  i got this message after i reinstalling my OS with DM. my installation is unsuccess because of this error and now my device reboots after the logo every time i turn it on.

If you are getting that message from Desktop software when booting playbook it suggests the usb is still connected. Disconnect it and then boot playbook .