Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: radiation fliter for screen

Not neccesarly they are probably equal, then again I'm no physicist.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

here is a list of radiation levels

http://www.sarshield.com/english/radiationchart-blackberry.htm

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: blackberry

I know the radiation level of my phone(bold 9700,1.55 SAR) which is extremely high if u ask me. I just wanted to know about the Playbook. And it would be good if they made radiation filter screens for them in the near future like what they have for computer screen.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont think the play book emaits enough to worry about.

Good read about wifi radiation

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/295085

LCD displays dont emit enough to worry about either

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I doubt you'll often hold the PlayBook up next to your head, so I wouldn't be concerned about it...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: radiation filter for screen

[ Edited ]

LCD screens do not produce radiation at all. They are passive devices using either LED or CFL type illumination inside the screen structure. I believe the Play Book and the phones are all LED lit. 

The CRT screens that were used could produce some weak X-Ray radiation if they were not correctly biased and having excessive high voltage due to a defect in the circuits designed to drive them. The CRT monitors and CRT type TV sets had redundant protection circuits to cause a shutdown if there were any problems in this area. They had X-Ray sensing circuits located directly under the CRT wall. They also used very critical high voltage current sensing for the anode drive as part of this.

As for WiFi, and cell phone radiation, to me there is a lot of exaggeration out of fear. There are people who are exploiting this subject to make money out of instilling fear in to people. Most of the ones who are leading the screaming about radiation are publishing books and documentation where they are making a lot of money. When people have fear and emotion they will pay to know more about it. They have their doctors and researchers who are paid off to make their results look positive for the answer they want to hear. There has been nothing conclusive about this since radio transmission began.

Since the early to mid 1900's we've been having radiation coming from radio and then TV broadcasts just about everywhere in the modern world. These transmitters are pumping out hundreds of kilowatts of energy seven days a week for years and years. Many people have been living within a few miles of these high power transmitters and they are not even aware of them.  These signals are passing through our homes and places where we live and work. In today's world, when we go outside we are being bombarded by signals from local transmitter sites, and from hundreds of satellites orbiting the earth at any one time.

We also get a lot of spectral radiation from the sun which is a lot stronger even after it is filtered by the earth's geo-magnetic field, and from the atmosphere. When we are outside coming from the sun we are getting everything from X-Ray to Cosmic rays, to Ultraviolet radiation. It is a very wide and powerful spectrum of radiation coming from the sun.

In our homes we also have electrical wiring in the walls. When we are using appliances we are being exposed to some low frequency electromagnetic radiation from the wiring and the appliances themselves. We are using vacuum cleaners, refrigerators, stoves, air conditioners, heating systems, and a lot more. These are all emitting low frequency radiation; which about fifty years ago there was a lot of hype about this and it eventually died. Now the fad is to knock against the computers and phones which in fact are very low powered devices compared to the rest of what we are exposed to.

The amount of extra radiation we are getting from our phones and tablets is very small compared to everything else we are exposed to.

I am not connected in any way to any manufacture or product marketing. This is my own opinion, and the opinion based on my experience and working knowledge; working in communications and media production design and support engineering. If there was such dangerous radiation from all the exposure I had working in communications systems as claimed, I should have been fried dead a long time ago. Over the many years I worked on everything from microwave to audio. I am old now, and still very healthy.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Contributor

So I guess the WHO coming out and linking cell phones to brain cancer is a bunch of Hog Wash then? I hardly think so. For the cell phone the screen is not even the problem, it's the antenna that's emitting the radiation. Everyone has different experiences because I know people over the years including myself who have become quite electoro sensitive. I have never been an excessive phone user and I noticed over time that the cell phone or cordless phone gives me a headache. Once I have them on speaker I'm all good. I've switched my cordless to a corded landline and I have no problem now. I'm happy that you are old and still in good health. As for myself, I want your good fortune(to be old and healthy) so I have to take the necessary precautions to protect myself as I have no idea what long term use will result in.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Don't hold the Playbook to your head.

I am not sure why you would.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Why would I hold the playbook to my head????!!!
Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Well, I don't know why you would, like I said.

And if you don't, then you should be fine.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code