Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

re-install BlackBerry Bridge on 9700 after deleting it

Can't seem to find this problem in previous posts, I was downloading latest update to BB Bridge on 9700, encountered an error, would not re-download, so I logged onto app world after re-boot of 9700 to try and update and it said no updates which was not true. Tried re-bootiing, same message so I un-installed BB Bridge and now it's on the un-installed list in My World but I can't seem to figure out how to re-install it. Problably something simple but who knows. BTW, Bridge has worked flawlessly prior.

Tks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: re-install BlackBerry Bridge on 9700 after deleting it

try an OTA link on this page for it

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Get-BlackBerry-Bridge-for-your-BlackBerry...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

That's not the problem, let me try again,

BB Bridge app was installed on 9700 and working fine, got notice of update, during download got an error, tried to re-download and would not download, so I deleted the app and it now showed in the deleted list when I log back into App world. App world will not let me re-install the app, nor can I figure out how to re-install it from the Uninstalled App list. All of this is over the air.

Tks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

So what happens when you try to get it from the link I posted above?

Also try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists in downloing the app.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

I have re-booted the 9700 several times by pulling the battery. If I log onto the BB App world on the phone and go to My World there is a list of apps that've have previously been installed, there is a drop down menu that lists sub-sets of installed and un-installed. The Bridge App is in that 'Un-installed' list. You can not download it again for some reason and I can not figure out how to re-install from the "Un-installed list", which I believe that since the App is in an Un-installed list there is a way to re-install it, otherwise why would it be kept in an Un-installed list?

Maybe I should delete the entire BB App world App from the phone and try to start over but that seems extreme.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

in app world, press alt button and type RST, this will reset appworld and possibly let you download it.

or try from teh direct download link I posted wich is not part of appworld and that might do it for you.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

That did it, let me download it from App World again. I will say that it took over a dozen tries, install failed at progressively later points in the install (I think this was a problem with App World as it was very sluggish) but finally install completed. Playbook connected flawlessly and I'm back in business. Many thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman

PS, I'll remember the RST command, Thanks Again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kim2theKiko
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9330
My Carrier: CityFone

The OTA link worked on my BB 9300 OS5. Thank-you! Not sure why I couldn't just reinstall via App World but everything is working. Thanks again.
-Kim2theKiko
Please use plain text.