Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

pratman007
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: nbhjbvhj

recording problem..

when i try to record a voice note, or a video.....the playbook says that, 'the mic cannot be accessed' .....or 'the microphone is being used by another application, please close the application and try again'. this problem started after i toyed with video chat(didn't chat or anything).....just opened it and clicked 'call'(was not connected to wifi). due to this....it can't play videos or music.....it says 'media error', or 'music cannot be loaded.try another one'(for music). pls reply at the earliest....

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: recording problem..

[ Edited ]

Hello pratman007

Welcome to the forums. 

Are you still having this issue? Have you tried doing a full power down of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chunkymunky
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 02

the issue is a hardware issue as the right hand microphone is connected to the same ribbon connector that the earphone jack uses and if you record a 10 second video and for the last 5 seconds squeeze (with a firm squeeze) the playbook right where the microphone is you will see in the playback that this eliminates the "static" and normal sound is resumed ....... the only problem now is getting blackberry (rim) to accept this as a common fault as there are currently no spare parts for a diy fix it would have to be returned to rim europe which is fine if you have a warranty but not if your like me and own a secondhand unit  :Censored:........if anyone gets an ansewr for a spare parts supplier please let us know

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DenDiMarco
My Device: Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: Comcast

I'm also seeing this issue on my Playbook. Is there any resolution at this time?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Try doing a reboot. Let us know if it makes a difference.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DenDiMarco
My Device: Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: Comcast

I had tried that. And I also tried powering down and back on, but the message remains.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll be glad to try other suggestions if you have them.

Please use plain text.