Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: mts

screen dimms

hello why does my screens light git dimm after using it abit   i have to rrestart it to git it bac to normal    then it gits dim again   i have disable auto dim in the background    and in the koho setting i have dimmed it to miniun   the playbook is 6mths old    any suggestions 

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: screen dimms

Which version on yr pb?
But u can also try to re able the automatic dim email and retry again
Wizardxp
Matteo Vismara
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

The screen will dim depending on the room brightness. There is a light sensor next to the front camera. If you place your thumb over this sensor for about 20 seconds, you should notice the screen brightness change. Make sure you are not covering it.
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I think your covering the light sensor or your screen guard is not of a good quality.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBooks (32GB, 64GB), Z10
My Carrier: o²

[ Edited ]

I've got a similar problem with my new PlayBook when automatic backlight dimming is turned on:

When swiping from anywhere on the bottom half of the screen across the touch sensitive bezel the screen dims and turns bright again directly afterwards. The same applies when I make a swipe gesture in the bottom left corner and don't cross the bezel while doing so.

OS 2.1.0.1526 is installed.