Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Olukolade
My Device: blackberry playbook
Accepted Solution

security wipe problem

I did a security wipe on my tablet and when it restarted and got to the stage to update the OS to version 2.1.0.1526 and gave an error that couldn't connect to update server. And I am sure the wifi was connect cos I tried it with other devices. Then I did a second security wipe to see if it will resolve it. When the tablet restarted again it got to the stage for the Blackberry ID agreement to load up to the screen. It reported an error the blackberry ID agreement can't be displayed, and I can't even select a country on the same page as it didn't load up the options. PLS HELP!!
Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

Re: security wipe problem

Both problems can be wifi. Either try another wifi spot or change rour router temporarily to 802.11G with WPA type AES. Your other devices will still work. 

Sarah.
New Contributor
Olukolade

I've set it to 802.11G now but still saying unable to display blackberry ID agreement and I can't proceed with the setup without it.
Super Contributor
sarah75

Should have said restart playbook - hold down power button 20 seconds. Wait 1 minute. Restart playbook. 

Hope you set encryption to wpa,  not mixed wpa+wpa2.

Sarah.
New Contributor
Olukolade

Okay...my network setting has OPEN, WEP,WPA2 and WPA/WPA2 so I guess I can go with the WPA2. I am using my blackberry smartphone as a mobile hotspot internet connection.
Super Contributor
sarah75

[ Edited ]

Wpa2 is fine. I have never tried a mobile to do a setup. 

Sarah.
New Contributor
Olukolade

Thank you, just like you said it was the wi-fi connection, all I had to do was to retry it repeatedly. My tablet is working fine now, your comments were helpful.
I have a question though, is there anyway I can sideload android apps on playbook?
Super Contributor
sarah75

Olukolade wrote:
Thank you, just like you said it was the wi-fi connection, all I had to do was to retry it repeatedly. My tablet is working fine now, your comments were helpful.
I have a question though, is there anyway I can sideload android apps on playbook?

Get .bar files from goodereader.com app store

Use a tool like 

http://t.crackberry.com/sideload-apps-your-blackberry-using-google-chrome

Sarah.
New Contributor
Olukolade

Thanks sarah, you are the best! I got some .Apk files along the line, can I convert to .bar file types too?
Super Contributor
sarah75

The DDPB sideloading tool has a converter.  I have limited experience as it will only run on windows. it also needs javaRTE.

Sarah.