Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
tetiauliati
My Device: RDJ21WW
My Carrier: XL

setting network connection

During initial set up my bb playbook, it was unsuccesfull. Bb playbook request to retry or restart. When I choose restart my playbook can not connect to the network and request to change the network setting. I have tried to change mnually but it was not worked. Now I can not connect to the network. Anybody can help me?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: setting network connection

Try to erase the network, go to the "saved network" and then erased it from there and it should redo the network setup

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arosenbe
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

first delete, if you can, any saved network configuration, it should show when you select the gear (top right corner) then select wifi. then reboot the playbook using the Power Off app in the All listing. restart and go to wifi again, it should start searching and find your wifi network, select your network and follow the prompts. if it doesn't find your network try the connect manually button. make sure your wifi router is setup to allow the playbook access, i.e. available ip address etc.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tetiauliati
My Device: RDJ21WW
My Carrier: XL

I have success to restart the program by Restore PB to factory default . Many thanks for your help
>?scocam (Contributor)
>Restoring the PB to factory default.
>
>1. Open PB Desktop Manager
>2. Connect PB to PC
>3. Once connection is established go to "Help" should show no updates
>4. ?Hard restart PB pressing power button and select "restart"
>5. Once restart has begun Desktop Manager will display a popup window "option to Update" select update
>6. This will take a long time approximate 15-20 minutes while the Original OS is downloading from RIM server
>7. Follow on screen instruction at end
>The original factory install will have been restored (all images, videos original games etc) . You need to re-initialize the PB from the start, just as if you just got it home from your store purchase.
Please use plain text.