Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook

sorry this is probably on the forum somewhere, video sharing issue

I want to transfer, share, video shot on my playbook with my Macpro desktop computer. I

have downloaded the mac desktop software for playbook and have transfered video to the playbook successfully but I don't see how I can go the other way, eg Video playbook to Mac.

I would like to do this wirelessly if possible but happy to usb up too. Thanks for any help

Tom Piper

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: sorry this is probably on the forum somewhere, video sharing issue

You can do so via a Wifi connection.

How to synchronize media from a computer to a BlackBerry PlayBook

How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphone

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: sorry this is probably on the forum somewhere, video sharing issue

In additiion to Jsanders advice for drag n drop of files using Finder, in case you want to synchronise large numbers of files, there is new "directional" sync functionality in Blackberry Link.

If you install BlackBerry Link for Mac version 1.1.1.35 or later, the sync works differently. In Link there are two "tabs" at the bottom, one for the Mac and one for the Playbook.

You go to the Playbook device tab, highlight one or more files, and on right click (two finger click) you choose “Sync to desktop”.

If you want to sync Mac files to playbook you select the Mac tab, highlight selected files, then on right click its “Sync to device”

This selective synchronisation is the biggest difference between Desktop Software and Blackberry Link. 

By the way, on Mac it uses itunes for video sync and iphoto  for photo sync.